The Meeting

When Monday came I walked alone to my class and did my assignment sending my work to my teacher. In the middle of my class my Professor called me over. I got up from my seat and went to see what was up.

"Yes?" I said questioning the reason he called me. My professor is a author an use to publish, write and ghost write stories and ideas before he taught at Howard.

"I want you to talk to a publisher I know. I really feel like you can become an author I've sent him work from my best students and out of the 9 he chose 3 and you are one of them. So here is his card." My professor said as he pulled out the card from his pocket my face lit up.

"Thank you." I said as a smile appeared to my face. This is the first step closer to my career. "Now you have to go right now he really likes to speak with you. The address is on the card." He said i grabbed my laptop packing it into it's case and left the class room.

As I walked out the class room I called for a cab. Hanging up my phone I seen Ray from a distance. My heart began to speed up. I still love him but still hurt by him. I put my head phones in and kept walking in my direction towards. As I looked back i seen Ray staring at me with Chresanto and Promise.

Ray pov

I was chilling on the field talking to Promise and Chresanto. I began to see Yn walking talking on her phone.

" I wonder why she out of class so early. " I said as my thoughts came to reality. "Aw you miss her man." Chresanto said pushing my shoulder " Yeah but she don't wanna to talk to me. " I shrugged "Ray what you do?" Promise asked me

"I cheated on Yn. I don't know what I was thinking." I said "Clearly you wasn't. Go apologize... win her back you looked so happy when you meet her."Promise said she knew me from since middle school we been friends for years when we got in 11th grade she moved to the DMV area but we still kept in contact.

I seen Yn turning back looking at me. As I stared at her."How do you apologize for cheating." I said to Promise. "Figure it out before she gets away." Promise said as she waved to Yn and Yn waved back to her and she continued going her way. I still stared as my thoughts debated on how to make up for what I did.

Yn POV

Minutes later i arrived to the office building. I walked inside and the area was quite as i walked up stairs i went to the office room number and knocked on the door.

The door opened showing me a man. "Usually an intern would assist people to my office but i see you've assist yourself.My name is Mike." Mike smiled to me introducing himself to me. He was younger then I'm expected.

He looked to be in his early 20s he was brown skin with a low hair cut and a mole close to his nose wearing a button shirt and black plants he was pretty cute. He led me inside his office.

His office was a comfortable setting more relaxed then just business. "So what's you name beautiful?" Mike smiled towards me as he took his seat in his desk as I sat in front of him.

"My name is YN." I answered." I read some of your work I've really enjoyed it. Very diverse and i like how you are comfortable in different genres of story telling you must have a beautiful imagination." Mike complemented me.

"I've been told my thoughts are colorful." I said with a smile "You have a beautiful smile I bet your boyfriend love to make you happy." Mike said "Thanks but I'm single." I replied

"I know your card said Mitchell but Im his nephew im just helping out my uncle while he's on a book tour." Mike notified me "So have your Uncle reviewed my work also?" I questioned

"Yes he would like to sign you. If you let me take you out on a date?" Mike said to me as he pulled out a paper and pen from the desk dresser.

"But you rarely know me." I said

"I know you name is Yn, your a college student with an amazing talent for story telling and you seem like a beautiful person." Mike said

"What if I'm serial killer." I said

"In killing spiders." He smiled as his corny joke made me laugh.

"Yeah I'm m the spider serial killer. " I said smiling signing the paper and I will go on a date with you." I said