Last November

Yn POV

When it was morning I heard the sound of my daddy alarm for work going off from his room I broke out of my sleep and lightly ran my way to my room and continued my sleep in my bed.

When the morning came I woke up to my sister and Ma cooking breakfast. I got out of my bed and went in the kitchen.

"Watcha cooking." I asked

"Grits, bacon, eggs, hash brown and waffles." My mom said to me

I went in the living room and help Ray put up the bed and put the couch back together. When my ma was done cooking we all ate breakfast.

"Any plans today?" My ma asked me while I helped her in the kitchen and Taquan and Ray played black ops 2 in the living room.

"Yeah were going on a mini mall trip,to the beach for the sunset maybe to the club or chill with Kayla and my old highschool friends."

"Don't come back with breath smelling like skunk." She warn me.

"I won't. Its not like its a habit I don't wake and bake or do it everyday." I said

"Then when do you you smoke. Tell me I can't punish you. You live on your own." She looked at me I took a small deep breath.

" Honesty when I live in Florida I only did it every once or twice a month or so that's why I say occasionally. But now the it kicked to 5 or 7 times a month." I said

"Why more than you use to?" She looked at me conserend or pretended to be.

"Stress on grades and writing ideas plus I've been going to more kick backs lately." I rushly admitted scared of her scorn. I'm 19 and I still hate and fear her yelling.

"You look like I am going to yell at you Yn. Like I said you are independent. I wish you was 365 sober but I can't control your life. Weed isn't an addiction for you. I just want you to keep your grades up." She looked at me and placed her hand on my shoulder.

"Okay mommy. " I eased up.

Since Taquan never went to college its like they look at me like the golden child. To be the role model. My diploma is already has plate with a spot saved for my degree.

I went in the living room and took a spot on the couch.

"So yn do you still listen to that Muslim chick from the wu-tang clan. Fucking black panter." He joked

I threw one of the couch pillows at him." Her name is Sza, she's with t.d.e not the wu tang clan and I'm not in the black panther." I replied

"What about that rabbit sexy weird bitch." He joked I through another pillow at him

"You have no chill and yes"  I said guiltily Ray laughed

They played the game for another hour while Nevaeh and I got ready to go when we was done getting ready. We shortly waited on Taquan and Ray.

We got in the car while Taquan drove us over to the mall. We walked around a bit and brought a few things. But that happens when your balling on a college budget. Except for Nevaeh she balling on our parents budget.

After the mall we dropped Nevaeh home since she had school tomorrow and Taquan cause he had work. Ray sat in the passenger seat while I drived. We made our way to a smoke bar only to mess around with hookas at a chill smoke bar.

We made our way in and grabbed a table sitting in front of each other. While Ray help me to get mines started. He took a hit and blew smoke out in the air.

"When I was 18 I wanted to go to the hookah lounge on my b day " Ray shared with me.

"Why ."I asked while I blew smoke in the air

"It looked interesting. What you did when you turned legal?" He asked me

"I snuck with some friends to this one carribean club." I said

"You like a dirty wine." He joked

"There's nothing dirty about my wine." A said seductively.

"You keep playing like that. When we get to Howard you won't be playing no more." He said seductively

"Your approaches gotta be love not lust next time if you want it." I shoot back blowing smoke out my nose

"So you bad?" He looked at me with a smirk

"Never said I was good." I smirked.