Chapter 5

"Don't touch anything." Salman saved the vase that slipped from Umaymah's hands.

He placed the vase in it's original position and looked at her as he repeated his words.
"Do not touch anything."
"I'm not deaf, I heard the first time." Umaymah rolled her hazel eyes at her husband who was already behind his desk.

A light knock was placed on Salman's door catching his attention.
"Come in." He responded as he went through a bunch of files on his desk.

The door sled open and AJ walked into the office with a couple of folders in his hands.

He closed the door behind him and entered into the office a bit more when he noticed Umaymah.

She was sitting on the couch that was few feet from Salman's desk immersed in her fantasy world of reading far away from reality.

AJ instantly stopped walking when he saw Umaymah and observed her.

She was beautiful.

An absolute beauty!

AJ kept staring at Umaymah with no ounce of bashfulness.

Salman who had his head down elevated it to see why his PA was suddenly silent.

A frown formed on Salman's face as he caught his personal assistant staring at his wife.

He tried getting AJ's attention, but it was sure that AJ was nothing close to paying attention to Salman.

Salman casually sled his hands into his pocket and walked to where Umaymah sat.
She raised her head with a confused look when she saw her husband standing in her front.

Salman slowly squatted in front of her and placed his lips on her soft lips unexpectedly for about five seconds before pulling away.

Umaymah's eyes grew wider and she felt absolutely numb.

It was as if every single receptor she needed to use to feel were all gone.

He raised his hand to her head before patting her scarf-wrapped head.
"That's for being a good girl." He smiled and rose to his feet.

AJ immediately snapped out of his trance after witnessing such a scene.

He cleared his throat while adjusting the folders in his hand.
He scratched behind his head and looked in the opposite direction to pretend he hadn't seen anything at all.

Salman then turned to AJ and asked "What was the important thing again?"

AJ began stuttering before finally getting himself and making a meaningful sentence to answer Salman's question.

"By the way, she's my wife." Salman smiled as AJ was leaving his office.

After a thin smile and a light nod, AJ vanished out of the office.

AJ being the talkative that he was had announced the fact that Salman had a wife to nearly the entire tech company.

"Congratulations sir." Employees told Salman as he walked to his car with Umaymah by his side after finishing with work.

Can't AJ's mouth shut up for at least once? Tch!

Salman rolled his eyes internally.