Chapter 23

The heat that radiated from his bare chest wrapped her in satisfactory warmth.

A warmth that was slowly creeping to its peak satisfaction.

This satisfaction unlike others, fortunately didn't follow the law of diminishing returns.

His body was the hotter body giving out energy while hers was the cooler body receiving the energy lost and getting rid of the cold from the night before.

A simple and logical  example of thermal energy but with a little twist.

The smell of lavender and jasmine emerged from the white diffuser on the nightstand, wrapping both of them in a bubble of a calm atmosphere.

Her eyes flattered open, only to be met by his glittery gaze.

The darkest shade of black she had ever come across.

They were a bit darker than they normally used to be or was she just noticing the shade of darkness it had always held because of their current proximity?

The corners of his lips raised a delightful smile.

"You're awake." The usual morning huskiness was in his voice.

His hand gently brushed back every strand of her hair.

"Did you sleep good?" He arched his brow with an even wider smile on his face this time.

Umaymah gave a simple nod as a response.

Dumb...

Dumb...

Dumb...

Keep mute and allow the morning voice wear off.

She told herself mentally.

"Good! Makes my heart melt." The swells of the muscles on his chest rose with every word he uttered.

"I have three words to tell you."

A smile slowly formed on Umaymah's face. Her honey stained eyes never leaving her husband's dark ones as she whispered

"What are these words?"

The voice!

Too soon.

Even though she already had a slight idea of what those three words he wanted to say were, she still wanted to hear it from his lips.

A thin smile spread on his lips as he leaned in some more and pulled his wife closer to him.

His lips parted.

"I.... love..." He paused.

Hold breath.

Smile.

Blush mode activated.

Umaymah's cheeks had already taken a deep shade of crimson as she listened to the echo of her husband's deep but gentle voice and allowed it to soothe her eardrums.

"Complete it, come on." Umaymah whispered, her deep voice slowly wearing off.

"Ruuh." he completed and abruptly got off from the bed.

It took a couple of seconds for her to put together what he had just said.

She blinked a few times with her mouth hanging open.

Definitely not what she was expecting.

A pout replaced the surprised look on her face with the speed of light.

Umaymah got into a sitting position, grabbed one of the pillows from the bed and released it in the air targeting Salman who bent down to avoid the attack.

A belly laugh escaped Salman as he walked back to where Umaymah sat, with another pillow in her hand.

"You look even cuter, MashaAllah." Salman teased as he playfully pulled her chubby cheek.

Attack!

He deserves this one.

In an ambush, Umaymah lifted the pillow and placed light hits on her husband.

"You love your horse, huh? Then go touch her cheeks and not mine. Go and tell her she looks even cuter."she turned her back to Salman and folded her arms over her chest with the pout still on her face.

His strong arms bearing bumps and gallops of biceps, firmly wrapped themselves around Umaymah from behind.

"I'm sorry habibty, I was only cracking a joke."

"Jokes are supposed to be funny, but that was nothing close to funny."She still complained.

"My bad, I didn't mean to make you angry hayyati"he placed a kiss by her ear.

Umaymah grew silent.

"This is for making you mad."

Another kiss was placed beside her other ear.

"This is for making a joke that wasn't funny." he put her hair over her shoulder and placed a soft kiss on the nape of her neck.

"And this is me saying sorry. " he placed two soft kisses on both of her shoulders.

Umaymah giggled lightly.

"You always find one excuse just so you can-" she swallowed her words back.

That was close.

"I don't need to find excuses, because I can kiss you whenever I want."he placed a kiss on her right cheek. " It's halal, so I'll kiss you as much as I want and can, more than a million times." He turned his wife to face him.

Okay, that was far from close.

"I love Ruhh, but her love obviously can't beat yours." One more tug at her cheek.

Ouch?

"Don't ever leave me alone," Umaymah pulled him into a bone cracking hug whilst getting on her knees. "Please?"

She felt a swift and sudden pang of fear rush through her.

Salman hugged her back and whispered in her hair softly.

"I won't In sha Allah."