Chapter 10

A husky morning voice followed immediately after few knocks on the deep mahogany door.

"Ummi," another knock followed. "It's time for fajr." The deep huskiness at the bottom of his throat made his voice deeper.

A small groan was let out from Umaymah as she stretched and rolled from side to side.

"I'll make Wud'u and be downstairs in a jiffy, do get out of bed soon." He stretched his arms and walked to the next door.

After observing fajr (The early morning prayer), Salman suggested that they recite a page each from the Qura'n.

"Your voice, MashaAllah! Miraculous!" He told her with a calm smile once she ended her recitation.

Immediately they were done reciting their morning adhkar(remembrance), Umaymah didn't hesitate to gallop back to her room for another round of sleep.

It was a Sunday.

How else would she want to spend her Sunday morning if not sleeping.

After all the stressful week of school and series of nonstop assignments.

There he sat, peacefully admiring the features of his sleeping wife.

It was such a nice view filled with uttermost peace and pleasure.

As much as he badly wanted to touch and feel her face against his slender fingers, he resisted because he didn't want to disrupt her peaceful sleep.

He also didn't want to lose the opportunity of watching how calm her face looked at that specific moment.

A bigger smile grew on his face each time she turned and tossed on the bed or when she occasionally let out faint snores and the smile instantly fell when the sound of the multiple alarms Umaymah had set went off.

After several unanswered and snoozed alarms, Umaymah's eyes finally opened as she stretched her arms and legs.

Stretching is such a blessing. What would man do without stretching?

She stretched some more.

A figure was in front of her but she couldn't figure out who it was through the layers of moist sleep crust that obstructed her vision.

Once her vision became clear, her stretching came to an abrupt halt.

"Huh? This must be a dream,"she shut her eyes back. "Wake up Umaymah." She told herself out loud.

Salman's eyes wrinkled while smiling as he muttered "It is certainly not a dream."

"Wake up Umaymah! This is an unwanted dream."she said out loud again with her eyes shut even tighter this time.

The splendid and alluring smile still sat on Salman's face.

He tried his best to hold back.

His resistance finally cut loose.

As his desire slowly took over, the thin string that held him back and made him compose himself snapped in an instant and he didn't think twice before slowly lifting his hand towards her cheek and carefully ran his fingers through her flawlessly smooth skin in a sensual way while saying in a very small and hushed tone.

"Does this feel like a dream?"

His fingers were now under her chin.

A very cold and uncomfortable sensation travelled through Umaymah's spine making her eyes flicker open with the speed of light.

"Wh...What are you doing here?" She sat up and moved away from Salman to the other side of the bed, creating an evident distance between them.

"You look really pretty when you sleep hazelnut," He said instead, finding a comfortable position. "How can someone look this pretty and cute all at once?" His arms rested on the the arms of the chair without taking his gaze off hers.