Chapter 12

A white top with cowl sleeves was tucked into her dull pink pleated maxi skirt that had a cute little belt.

The skirt emitted a glowing kind of effect because of the material it was made from.

Her moisturized face held a little makeup; mascara, kohl, and lip balm.

A silk pink veil that was wrapped into a hijab was secured over her low bun-tied hair.
Her small right wrist held a silver trace-patterned charm bracelet that had always been there since her sixteen birthday.

The bracelet was precious to her heart
because it was a gift from her older brother.

To finish the look, she decided to wear white sneakers and held her pink minimalist tote bag with the simple word 'Smile' imprinted on it.

She was sitting in the living room reading one of the books she had gotten from the bookstore the other day.

When you see a novel that seems, more interesting and intriguing than your current read, what do you do?

Go for it!

She kept on repeating the sentence "I hope we don't get there when the dinner has already ended because of someone!" loud enough for Salman to hear from his room.

This time she wasn't the one taking forever to get ready, so she had the right to complain.

"You just finished getting ready a few minutes ago." Salman finally exited his room with the scent of bhakoor musk following him with every step he took.

"Five minutes ago isn't few." Umaymah rolled her eyes and looked up at Salman.

He was clothed in a neatly ironed, dark brown thawb with an agal that sat firmly atop his white khaffiya.

A dark shade of sunglasses was covering his eyes.

He had a white airpod popped into one of his ears.

The designer watch on his right wrist obviously couldn't be ignored.

The slightly visible mustache above his upper lip had to be the highlight of his look.

His feet were inside a pair of simple loafers.

"Hmm..." Umaymah hummed as her eyes travelled down from Salman's head.

"Like what you see?" He smirked and did the cringe act of running his fingers under his chin.

Umaymah rolled her eyes while shaking her head at how cringe what he had just done was.

A little whistle was released from between Salman's lips before he said "You look breathtaking Ummi, MashaAllah!"

A little unnoticeable smile formed on her lips.

"We should get going already." She got up after taking her last sip from the mug of green tea.

Life is really simple.

A great book and a cup of green tea.

They both headed for the car and Salman drove to his parent's house.

His parents lived in a completely different city from them, so it took a couple of hours to get there.

Once Salman parked his car in the underground parking lot that held a different collection of cars, he emerged out of the car with Umaymah.

They passed through the evergreen garden at the back of the house that had a few tall trees and other green shrubs on their way from the parking lot.

There was a mini greenhouse house that held blooming and colourful flowers a couple of feet from them.
Only the yellow trumpet flower and tropical hibiscus could be noticed from that angle.