part 8

[mattie's pov]

I woke up, it was Sunday. Then I suddenly thought of Nathan, should I go to his house and apologize?

I mean I have time today, and I still feel bad about what happened. I don't even have his number to text him if he's home.

 Well, guess I will just try my luck. I helped my mom with the Sunday waffles breakfast and asked her if I could hang out with Nate. 

"seems like you get along with each other! Did you have a good time?" 

"Yeah, he's really nice, and he's actually so kind and caring."

 What. Wait. I didn't mean to say it. Well, I mean it, but I just didn't want to say it out loud.

 "Oh, that's great Matt, I'm happy for you." she said kindly. 

After breakfast, I wanted to take Romeo for a walk, and then I thought that I could maybe stop at Nathan's place. 

When I got there I felt that anxious feeling. What if he yells at me, or he just ignores me. What if he doesn't want to be friends with me anymore? The feeling got worse and worse every second I got closer to his house. Finally, i stood in front of it.

"Matt, is that you darling?" I heard Nate's mom. 

"Oh hello miss -! I was just wondering if Nate's home?" 

"Yes, yes you're lucky he is about to head out to the gym right now." 

"Okay, I just need a moment." I smiled at her and she called Natan.

 When he went out of his house in the payment he had his hand in his pockets. He had the same sweatpants he always wears and a black hoodie. He was avoiding eye contact. He must be really mad. I stood there for a split second and then he started. 

"M-matt I'm really really sorry, I shouldn't have treated you like that, i shouldn't have talked to you like that. I don't think I deserve you, you're just so sweet, and I never had friends that would care about me like you do. You just make my whole day a lot better. I just wish I hadn't done that to you. I'm so sorry." he said, still avoiding eye contact. 

"Nate- i.." I was speechless. Did he really think that? 

"I'm sorry I failed you." he finally looked at me. His eyes were red like he was about to cry. He seemed so small, even though he is way taller and bigger than me. 

"What, no Nate you didn't fail me. I came here to apologize."

 "For what, you haven't done anything." 

"I shouldn't have yelled at you, and I just regret saying that I shouldn't have gone there with you. I didn't mean it, I guess I was just jealous of Elliot. You're so nice to me." He looked shocked.