~Chapter 2~

After a few hours of muffled chatter and occasional eating, Arrendellians slowly start to leave. Eventually, the ballroom was cleared.

"I have a special gift for you, my dear." She grabs Kristoff's right hand to their bedroom. She shuts the door behind them.

"Um, this'll be a lot to take in–"

"Don't worry, I love you, what's the worst that could happen?" 

He caresses her cheek, causing Anna to lean into his palm.

"So...I-I'm pregnant." Suddenly, Anna could feel herself being lifted into the air, followed by a hug for a split second.

"Oh–sorry–too tight." Kristoff puts her down out of sheer worry. Not only was he worried about hugging her too tightly, but his preparations to leave the castle are now suspended. Kristoff ponders...She's going to be so lonely. Now he's bombarded with intrusive thoughts.

"Uh, Kristoff?"

"Wh-What?" Kristoff snaps back into reality.

"Is something...wrong?"

"Um, y-es?

"I knew something was wrong. Was it your birthday party? Did you not like the cake? I invited too many people? I should've known–"

"No, darling, my birthday party was fantastic...but it's not that." His face morphs into a frown.

"I-It wasn't? So then what was it?"

"I just feel so bad about leaving you...I was going to tell you that I was going to go on a trip to find out who my parents are. Now that our baby's on the way, I don't know If I should still go." Kristoff sighs heavily.

"Wait, hold on, you were planning on going on this trip–like–soon?"

"Yeah! For years now, especially when I was hiking this morning." Kristoff felt terrible celebrating his birthday, absolutely clueless about who his parents were.

"Well...those bags aren't going to pack themselves–"

"Woah, feisty-pants, you're staying here!" Kristoff gently blocks her from walking any further.

She playfully nudges against his defense only to gag up the contents of her stomach. With a hand over her mouth, she tries her best to hold it in.

Kristoff immediately steps out of her way terrified. He follows her to the bathroom. He watches her vomit, feeling helpless. The least he can do is kneel down and hold her close–which is exactly what he did for the rest of the night–so they decided to sleep on it.

Eventually, Anna persuaded Kristoff that it was a good idea to travel with her across Arendelle. A few weeks were spent packing essentials for the trip. Kristoff still wasn't too fond of Anna tagging along in such a delicate condition. Granted, she has survived the worst. Being struck by frozen powers wasn't easy. Alas, doubts still lasts.