~Chapter 5~

Arrendelle was informed that a new littlest royal was on the way. A baby shower was soon held after the declaration. Citizens from all around the kingdom cared deeply for their unborn child. This gave a peace of mind for the royal couple.

Anna looked more pregnant each week; she started wearing maternity clothes making it look obvious. She often wore a loose dark forest green, floral patterned dress, draped over a softer green long sleeve, similar to her mothers. She wore her hair in a complicated bun, with an occasional ribbon hanging from it. Kristoff felt more protective, so he stayed close to Anna as much as possible. He rarely wore kingly attire, and often stuck to a formal yet comfortable leather long-sleeve and pants. A mustache would grow out just to be shaved off from regret. They both designed a comfortable nursery decored with neutral colors because they won't know the gender of the baby until birth. It was placed at the far end of the royal bedroom, just in case the newborn gets fussy.

As for Olaf...Anna was surprised he hadn't noticed yet, so she made the effort to share the news with him. Anna trusted that Olaf would love the news with all her heart. She was planning to share it with him over a picnic outside at her favorite spot. Their iconic spot. A spot where feelings float around, causing them to reflect on their past.

"Hey Anna! I'm so excited to eat with my favorite person–well, second favorite person."

"What? How am I second?"

"Well–"

"Nevermind. Don't answer that. I'm trying to be serious."

Anna smirks.

"Serious? What happened? Are you okay?" Olaf asks, genuinely concerned.

"No–well–yes, I'm fine," Anna exclaims, shoving a sandwich into her mouth. "Are you going to eat that?" She questions pointing to Olaf's sandwich.

"Oh! Yes, but you can eat it because I find that food tends to slip out the other end once consumed–" Anna gobbles it down before Olaf could even finish his banter.

"So what's wrong Anna?" Olaf questions. He inches closer towards her.

"I have a baby in my tummy," Anna replies, softly rubbing her round abdomen. Olaf gasps happily knowing that it wasn't what he thought it was.

"Oh! All this time I thought you were just getting fat...I mean bigger!" Olaf exhales relieved as if he saved the comment. Anna snickers.

"No Olaf, I'm not getting fat..."

Olaf reaches out his hand towards her stomach. Anna nods vertically. Olaf lightly touches it in awe.

"Ugh, there you are! I was looking everywhere for you. Are you trying to give me a heart attack?" Kristoff finds the nearest spot to sit next to his wife. 

"Kristoff, I told you I was going to go out for a few minutes."

"Yeah, and I told you to stay in the castle."

"I thought you said near the castle."

"Okay? But that doesn't explain why you went past the castle gates–"

"Uh-um, guys?" Olaf stammers not knowing what to do in this situation. 

Kristoff stares at Olaf, suddenly acknowledging his presence...

"How's it going buddy?"

"Pretty good, Anna just told me her big secret!"

"Yup! Are you happy for us?"

"Us?" Olaf asks, confused. Kristoff realizes the can of worms he just opened. He scoots away from Anna. Not a second later, Anna glares at him followed by a light slap on his arm. This made him feel a lot worse. They glance at each other and frown in sync.

"Yeah–like–I meant 'us' by–"

"He meant 'us' telling you the good news. N–Not that he has anything to do with the baby..." Anna trails off, visibly looking distressed. She shoots Kristoff a "help" look.

"Yeah, I wanted to come and tell you with Anna." Kristoff says shakily. He literally repeated what I just said...Anna shakes her head in disbelief. She wanted to cry.

"But why are you happy?"

"Because the baby is going to be born." 

"But what does the baby being born have to do with you?"

"Uh...I'm excited for a new heir to the throne."

"Oh...But why did you want her to stay inside the castle?"

"Because I wanted to protect her and the baby...because I love her." Kristoff replies, shifting his eyes towards Anna in silence.

"Oh! Okay, that makes sense. I would worry about her too because I love her as well." Olaf gives Anna a side-hug. Kristoff tousles his dirty blonde hair now visibly relaxed. That was close. A little too close.

They continue to have a light-hearted conversation about various subjects, including their recent adventure. Anna ended up feasting on all of their sandwiches shamelessly, and enjoying every moment with her little family–except Elsa wasn't there–for a good reason. She knows the endless pressures of being a ruler. She couldn't even imagine being ruler of a kingdom, much less an enchanted forest. At least she had Gale, a magic form of communication. She writes a letter to Elsa once a week to update her on her natural duties as queen, as well as occasional life moments. Of course, Elsa knew the exciting news as soon as Anna found out. They were truly inseparable.

Anna ends their brief picnic with a hug from Olaf. As always, he tells Anna to vent to him whenever she feels the need to.