~Chapter 4~

They spot the boulders with moss that were suspiciously shaped like clothes. Kristoff greets each one like he was attending a family reunion. Suddenly, they all roll into their positions. Chatter and laughter filled the area around Kristoff, returning his greeting, while the small rock trolls toy with Olaf.

"So, mom?"

"Yeah, Kristoff?"

"Where are my real parents? Y'know, my human parents? And how and when did you find me?

"Okay, no more secrets! I knew this day would come; you're a curious boy. Well, there was a royal family that dropped by to see the elder, and you two just popped out of the bushes! You're probably too old to remember now."

"Two?" Kristoff questions.

"Sven and you silly!"

"I thought so, we practically grew up together." Kristoff laughs nervously. So there's no trace of my birth parents anywhere...Kristoff sighs.

"What's wrong?"

"Well...my birthday was like a month and a half ago–"

"Oh my goodness gracious it was?" she gleams.

"Yeah, you didn't know?"

"...About that...It wasn't your real birthday, it's just what the elder thinks it was..."

"So, you don't even know when my real birthday is?" Kristoff feels his blood boiling.

"Kristoff I–"

"Just! Let me go for a second!"

Kristoff storms to the sleigh saddened and frustrated. He ponders on the fact that he might never find his parents.

Meanwhile, Anna and Olaf play with the rock children. Olaf was discombobulated, so Anna had to take over. She sang lullabies as a distraction for Olaf to put himself back together. After Olaf continues to entertain them, Anna stands up realizing that her husband wasn't there. She walks over to Bulda.

"Where'd Kristoff go?"

"Anna It's so nice to see you again!" The rock trolls start to climb and swing on her like she was a living jungle gym. That was their way of showing affection.

"Guys, please stop!"

The rock trolls stop in utter confusion. Anna instinctively lays her hand on her stomach. At that moment, they parted like the Red Sea revealing the elder walking towards her.

"I can sense something in you Anna..."

"W-What? That's weird."

The elder raises a hand toward her stomach, but Anna backs away. The elder giggles.

"I sense the maternal essence from you...there's a little one on the way."

"Yeah...It's true. There is." Anna replies, smiling warmly with a hand over her stomach.

The rock trolls collectively gasp. A sudden cheer replaces the silence. They all had their fair share of congratulating her.

"Thank you so much guys!"

"Wait. Shouldn't you be resting?" Bulda points out.

"Yes." Anna was on the verge of tears. Why do I feel like crying? "I just...wanted to follow Kristoff."

"Oh yeah...about that," She signals Anna to come closer. "He's pretty mad about what I just revealed."

"What?"

"Well, he mentioned how his birthday was a while ago and I told him that his "birthday" wasn't when he was actually born...we conjured up a fake one to celebrate something each year."

Anna's hand covers her mouth. Poor Kristoff. She wobbles toward the sleigh to find Kristoff petting Sven with grief.

"Kristoff! I'm so sorry!" She says, holding him tightly.

Kristoff sighs. He's lost in his thoughts. How could they lie to me? I actually thought I was almost related to them. They covered up the truth for my temporary happiness...how naïve of me. What's even worse is he traveled all the way out here with no answers, and Anna was in no condition to travel.

"No, I'm sorry...coming out here was a mistake."

Anna rests her head on Kristoff's shoulder.

"Don't apologize, Kristoff. But this can wait. We have a baby on the way," Anna proclaims, closing her eyes

Anna was right. He had to get prepared for his future child. Kristoff kisses her lips softly accompanied with a hug.

"Let's go home, I have my own family to take care of."