𝔖𝔦𝔵𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫

Zenith Point Tower was as lavish as Taeyong expected. 

All the major players were here, including Director Chu, Ms. Hachette, Zinnia Wright, and, of course, Memphis Pell. Taeyong's mood immediately soured when he saw the youngest Pell.

 Taeyong's mood immediately soured when he saw the youngest Pell

"Don't let Mr. Immence Respect for the Asian Community bother you," uttered Jaehyun, walking beside him up to the window-adjacent large table. "He will be on his best behaviour around Memphis." 

"What's the deal with you two?" whispered Taeyong. "Memphis, not Mr. Asian Fetish."

Taeyong was once again served a dimple-inducing smirk. Bastard. "Perhaps he's my sugar daddy."

Taeyong ducked his head so the group didn't see him laugh.

"We're friends," Jaehyun told him. "Memphis and I have known each other for quite a while."

"How is that even possible?" pointed out Taeyong. "You have to be around my age, and Memphis Pell is old enough to be my grandfather."

"Twenty-four."

Hearing that the owner of an incredibly chic and successful club was actually younger than him made Taeyong raise his eyebrow in disbelief. "Seriously?"

"I can show you a birth certificate if you would like?" he unabashedly offered, then added in an utterance that Taeyong barely caught, "I'm sure he had it in his apartment."

"Well, that's very impressive, Mr. Jeong," Taeyong sassed. "Such success at such a young age."

"From what I understand, you, Mr. Lee, had built a globally successful online business by twenty-one."

"What are you two lovebirds whispering about?" joked the oldest Pell by way of greeting.

Taeyong decided to pretend he hadn't heard, but Jaehyun only chuckled and returned the greeting with a semi-embrace to the billionaire. "Business strategies."

The older man then came to Taeyong. "I'm, glad you could make it, Taeyong."

Taeyong graciously shook Mr. Pell's hand. He wasn't bothered, even if the term love could go die. 

Dinner went smoothly, other than the occasional too-white smile being sent his way from the youngest Pell across the tables. Taeyong sat between his socialite co-star, and Jaehyun.

Why the hell was Isaiah Pell shooting lewd glances at him? Zinnia Wright was sitting next to him. Speaking of the beautiful socialite, she seemed nice, if not slightly enamored with her reflection in the wine flute. She had become even nicer when she realised Taeyong was the designer behind the TY Track brand. It was flattering, he supposed, that she'd heard about the clothes.

"Oh, Taeyong," said Zinnia, when half the group had gotten up to go to the adjacent bar. Memphis had hired the whole place out as a private function. "We should get a picture together. Do you mind?"