𝔗𝔥𝔦𝔯𝔱𝔶-𝔰𝔦𝔵

Jaehyun sat calmly behind the desk of his newly remodelled office.

Soon, he'd finally rid this Meridian Plane of a certain repugnant stain, and his little black heart soared.

He had not wanted to take Taeyong back to his house last night after he had fallen asleep and reverted back into his human state. Though Jaehyun had, lest his beautiful jewel awake panicked at the inexplicable and alien surroundings. At least, he had then erected stronger wards around Taeyong's place. Ones which were indetectable to those of the Empyral Plane – excluding perhaps the Seraphim, though other than Lucifer, none of the highest class had ventured down to this Plane since Eden. Jaehyun still didn't like the thought of Taeyong being in a place where angels, and a fellow Prince, had stepped foot into.

And so he summoned one of his Spectras, Agaliarept.

"Follow the one this essence belongs to," ordered Jaehyun. He gave a vial to the minor demon, and a trusted soldier of his. "Humans on this plane call him Taeyong. Do not reveal yourself, though ensure he remains untouched. And angels have made contact with him several times, it seems."

"Yes, Your Majesty," said the Spectra, bowing respectfully. "I shall report any happenings to you." The wispy little thing vanished like a shadow in the shade.

The Valentine Demon was surprised to find himself enjoying treating Taeyong's more delicate half tenderly. And those lips were sweet. And Isaiah Pell was going to die. When Taeyong's focus was drawn to his chest though, Jaehyun had wondered if the other was starting to remember. Not quite yet, it seemed.

"Why not ask me to shadow the cambion?" asked Yuta, letting himself in, feigning aggrievement. "I'm hurt."

"Because you would most likely become over-stimulated by the new surroundings and eat the first pretty virgin you laid eyes on," simply stated Jaehyun.

Yuta snorted, though accepted the insult. "Where's Johnny?"

Jaehyun was impressed that the Samurai had taken so swiftly to Zahāk's desired new name. 

"I've sent him on another errand."

The Japanese demon smirked at Jaehyun's barely masked glee. "I'm so touched I could cry," he jested. "My Lord's in love for the first time. Perhaps you could present him that human's heart for the union?"

Jaehyun scowled at that horrendous term love, though it was superseded by Yuta's mirth. 

"Speaking of the admittedly fascinating little half-demon," resumed Yuta, dropping the teasing. "You know I'm right. I mean no offense to you, Your Majesty, or to suggest that the blade of your mind dulls, though you have been off the battlefield for a long time. I have never left it. The longer you leave this, the greater chance the Empyral Plane will send more powerful members of the Host to assess, and seize the cambion. And once Satan learns that the Host is interested, he will send soldiers up. Apocalyptic-level chaos will ensue. Lucifer's sword is our best weapon, and the cambion is our best plan to take it."

Jaehyun knew this, though what he hated just as much was that whilst both sides would want Taeyong, both sides would also use him to accuse the other of breaking the Treaty. Satan was enough of a bothersome quandary, though the idea of Micheal considering involvement was simply terrifying.

Rather than stubbornly dismiss Yuta like last time, Jaehyun thought about his answer. "Say we proceed with this plan. Whilst I trust that in time, we could train Taeyong to mask his identity and the true extent of his aura so as not to alert Satan, what of the sword, hmm? As we've already alluded to, if Satan discovers the sword is missing, he would leave devastation in his wake attempting to find the culprit, and the Empyral Plane would no doubt discover the weapon's theft also, and accuse the Inferno Plane of covering it up. Which would put us right back to—"