𝔉𝔬𝔯𝔱𝔶-𝔫𝔦𝔫𝔢

Doyoung could not recall when exactly he last saw Ruler of the Dawn. His old friend, since long before the garrison's fall, had not been a member of the Grigori, and so had remained a respected angel of his craft. 

Doyoung had never begrudged Ruler of the Dawn for his silence, even if the Virtues had expressed his deepest shame. His public support would've only resulted in the Virtues being condemned along with them. It would've accomplished nothing, and so Doyoung had not wanted to sully the other's zeal and faith further by disclosing his suspicions of corruption among the Upper Host.

Especially when those suspicions were confirmed twenty-six mortal years ago. Doyoung had still imparted to Ruler of the Dawn to be careful, mindful, and vigilant.

Doyoung had spent the rest of that day, and the entire night as well, desperately attending to the Virtues' critical wound. It did not look good, and several times the archangel had to will himself not to become emotional, and risk affecting the quality of his treatment.

The wound was made with a blade used by members of the Upper Host. Doyoung remembered welding the series of weapons. At the very least, Ruler of the Dawn had not been wounded by a Seraphim's blade. Due to the rarity and power of the materials he'd used, only a several of those blades existed, and even though he created them, Doyoung didn't think he'd be able to heal a severe wound made from that. Other than Lucifer's, though, the other Seraphim blades remained in the Empyral Plane's Uppermost Host unless they were needed for the gravest threats.

Doyoung had witnessed all of those times.

The young Cherub had spent the entire time panicking, until Doyoung had banished him to the other end of the establishment. He assumed Ruler of the Dawn's wound had much to do with the vision the Ferry Man's eye had provided. Had it been the Dominions angel, Jisung, that had done this? Or had another corrupt angel come forth? Doyoung rubbed the backside of his hand across his weary eyes.

At least that Cherub was alive, though. It seemed that the Prince of Lust had actually made good on his word not to harm the young one. Even if Doyoung himself had wanted to wring the young angel's neck several times throughout the night.

Finally though, Ruler of the Dawn seemed to be out of the worst of it.

"What happened is Xiaojun well is he showing improvement does he need anything have you treated his wound?" gushed the rose-gold-haired little irritant without pause, jumping from his seat in the bakery's staff kitchen area.

Having spent the last thirty hours ensuring that Virtues did not die, it was far too early to be bombarded with this level of intensity. "He is going to make a full recovery. Though," Doyoung pointedly added lest the Cherub rocket over and constrict Ruler of the Dawn in some type of embrace, or worse, him. "His Grace was severely damaged and weakened, and will take a while of quality rest and relaxation to restore properly."

Visibly dampened and trying to hold himself back, the Cheru— Doyoung sighed. "What is your name, young one?" The Cherub clearly hesitated, so Doyoung tried to speak with understanding. "I assure you, though we may be standing on different sides of belief, I am not your enemy."

"...Donghyuk."

Doyoung almost smiled. "That is a mortal name known on this Plane as Korean. It is not your true name."

"It is a name I have chosen for myself."

"As I have with Doyoung." It was slight, though Doyoung sensed the Cherub relax. "Donghyuk, Xiaojun is still unconscious, and weak, though as I said, he will regain his strength. When I believe he has recovered enough, I will move him to somewhere more conducive to his healing. And, seeing as his wound suggests you two have made an enemy of a member of the Upper Host, I invite you to also stay."