𝔗𝔥𝔦𝔯𝔱𝔶-𝔣𝔦𝔳𝔢

When Taeyong had woken up this morning, his thoughts immediately went to Isaiah Pell's threats yesterday afternoon.

And what he had nauseatingly agreed to.

Taeyong would have to come up with a believable reason for being gone for a week. He had barely eaten anything last night, and had left before bothering with breakfast, yet he didn't feel feeble and hungry. Quite the opposite, strangely enough. That was something at least.

Halfway to the city and Taeyong couldn't take it anymore. Jungwoo and Doyoung were definitely not an option. What would they be able to do?

But maybe...Jaehyun could help figure something out?

Taeyong asked the driver to instead take him to Lonely Hearts. Even though the place would be closed, it could've still been early enough that security might be calling taxis for those few drunken patrons who had needed to be escorted out.

He was right, as nearing the main entrance, Taeyong noted a security member escorting a stumbling man to an uber.

Someone tapping his shoulder made him jump, and he turned to find another suited member of Lonely Hearts' security staff.

"Hey, you lost cutie? Can I help you with something?"

Taeyong pulled his coat tighter around himself. He really wasn't in the mood for this right now. "I'm looking for Jaehyun. Is he here?"

"Maybe," unhelpfully replied this man. "But what's the rush? How about I—"

An amused scoff interrupted him.

It was Johnny, leaning against the doorway, and the other security member turned an irate eye to him. "Something funny to you, Mr. Suh?"

"I wouldn't."

"And why is that?"

"The Boss."

"You think that young snob would have the audacity to try and fire me over some boy?"

Completely unruffled, Jaehyun's head of security only smirked. "I wouldn't be worried about him firing you."

"Whatever," muttered the other security member, before turning to Taeyong. "You're wasting your time with him."

And when the security guard reached out to grab Taeyong's waste, Taeyong had had to deal with too much lately, to now deal with this, so he smashed his fist in a right hook across the guy's jaw.

The taller and brawnier man went stumbling, steadying himself and holding his jaw in angered shock.

Johnny, though, stood in awe. "Nice hit."

"You fucking little shit." He lunged at Taeyong, but Johnny swiftly stepped in and tossed the other back onto the side of the road like he was a twig.

"As this establishment's head of security, I have decided to terminate your employment, effective immediately."

Without looking back, Johnny ushered Taeyong into the club and put the pin in to lock the doors.

"I'm sorry," Taeyong said.

"Sorry for what?" said the slightly weird but nice head of security. "I've been wanting to knock that guy out for a while now. You gave me a good reason."

"Uh, that's good, I guess." Taeyong let Johnny lead him to the private staircase. "How did you do that?"

"Coffee." Johnny smiled at him like that was a normal answer.

"Is Jaehyun busy? I haven't come at a bad time have I?"

"I think he could fit in an appointment with you," said Johnny, leading him down the corridor to the black door at the end.