the end

[long one; enjoy <3]

The next morning I was woken up early by Ashton's hand on my shoulder, telling me quietly that we'd have to get up now so we could head to Luke's, before leaving the room again. I groaned but got up anyway. Jetlag made it almost impossible to tell which time it was and how I was supposed to be feeling. All there was left was tiredness and I'm afraid I'll have to deal with it for the rest of the day. When I entered the kitchen, I could already smell the coffee and it immediately made me feel a bit more alive. 

Ashton handed me a mug and the way he stood there, leaned against the kitchen counter, loose white shirt and shorts, curls as prominent as ever, I caught myself thinking that I wouldn't mind waking up to this view every day. I looked outside, trying to shake these thoughts from my mind before it was too late even though somewhere in the back of my mind I knew that I was already past that point even though I wouldn't be able to admit it to myself just now. 

We didn't spend much time on breakfast but left pretty quickly to get to Luke's on time for their interview. When we arrived there Luke showed me his old acoustic guitar and a room where I could stay while they were in their interview and thus, I spent the morning, or a good hour of it, sitting in Luke's old bedroom, playing on the guitar that got it all started and tried to resist taking a thousand pictures and posting them on Twitter. Needless to say, I failed at both. I was happy when the door opened and all four of them stood there, waiting for me to join them, so we could go get some lunch together somewhere and talk about the next days in Sydney. We would head to Sydney early tomorrow morning and have quite some time until soundcheck in the late afternoon and their show in the evening. 

We'd all stay at a hotel until the day after the second show, when we'd be driving back here for a day until we'd have to leave for the rest of the concerts. It was a hectic schedule even though we'd have some free time in Sydney and I understood why the boys were looking forward to their break after this tour. The busy days ahead, our still apparent jetlag, and the good food for lunch were the reason Ashton and I didn't do a lot for the rest of the day except lay in the backyard with his family and just talk and enjoy the quiet time together before the busyness would start back up again.

Around 8am the next morning we arrived in Sydney. I had basically been attached to the window with my camera, trying to get some good shots as if we wouldn't have all day for it. Upon reaching the hotel I was starting to wonder how the rooms would be divided, but decided it was something I could worry about later. We walked inside and got checked in immediately. While we rode the elevator to the 7th floor, the boys talked about the show in the evening and how excited they all were, but I couldn't help but notice the nervous underlying tone in all of their voices. We left the elevator and Calum, Luke and Michael left to one side, heading into one room, leaving Ashton and I to ourselves. 

"I hope you don't mind sharing, I didn't want you to sleep alone.", Ashton explained, and I smirked slightly. 

"Didn't want me to sleep alone or were scared of not being able to sleep on your own?", I asked, quiet enough so none of the boys would hear, even if I knew they were already inside their room. Ashton shrugged with his shoulders, which was answer enough to me. I was glad to be there for him though, and I enjoyed cuddling with him even if it made me all the more confused. After entering the room we unpacked the little stuff we took with us. We wouldn't be here for long so there was no need to pack a thousand outfits. Still, I changed into something more comfortable before we left the hotel together, leaving the boys behind after telling them we'd go and explore the city. They weren't too keen to join us anyway, mostly wanting to rest before the show tonight. 

Ashton led the way to a small coffee shop and we walked inside, debating if we should take something to go or actually sit down and enjoy it, when giggles and quiet screams behind us made us stop our conversation. We both turned around and saw a small group of girls obviously mustering up the courage to go up to Ashton and ask for whatever it was they wanted. I nudged him with my elbow, nodding in their direction, and Ashton didn't hesitate before greeting them, asking if they were fans, as if it hadn't been obvious. They immediately asked for pictures and after those were done, didn't leave, which surprised me. Usually fans would just take pictures and leave as if they didn't want to talk to them or maybe they were too nervous.