Chapter Five

Sunlight flashed into my eyelids as I rubbed my face on feathers, it was the best feeling I've felt since being here. Birds chirped above me as I opened my eyes looking over the sky that showed through the tree above me. Sitting up I notice I was in the long fur that he wore, I looked around the area, "Ah your up! Sesshomaru isn't here, I thought he'll be back by now. He seemed more in a rush than usual." Jaken said holding my lantern then his usual staff.

"Where did he go?" I asked looking around, I kinda forgot where I was for a second all theses different places and changes it's getting hard to keep up at times. "He never says." Jaken grunted. I got up and headed over to the village I wanted to be ready when he gets back here. I'm sure we are going to the leave once he comes back.

"We had a room ready for you, Y/n." A women came up with a basket of plants and herds. "Oh uhm I just fell asleep out by the tree, sorry." I tried explaining but her face was all to knowing. "It's alright I understand you just wanted to stay with Sesshomaru." She giggled, "Oh I forgot we have everything ready for you, we are sure you will be off soon. Sesshomaru never stays places long." I nodded my head as she lead me down the way to a hut. They made me a new bag that held everything, word had got around that I was the Moon Empress and all the women started to give me things are help me understand their era more.

They gave me a few sets of clothes, soaps, and meals to take with me on the road. Sesshomaru had came and actually had breakfast, far away by the tree but still. He had set us to leave and I said goodbye to everyone and that I will try to revisit before I went home. We were walking out the gates but then I had an idea. "Wait everyone come together." I yelled taking my bag from over me shoulder, pulling my camera out. "Ok guys hold still."

"Sesshomaru would you like to be in the picture?" I asked looking through the camera lens not facing him. It was silent from his part, then I heard footsteps walk away. "I guess not. Ok guys smile and look over here." They all stopped and held still as I took a few photos. "Thank you guys I'll, try to come back if I can."

I ran catching up with them as they waited at the end of the gate. We walked headed in whatever direction Sesshomaru went, Jaken asked questions about what a camera is. I explained to him what it was and also took a picture of him, he was so surprised it was hilarious. Looking at the pictures of him made me laugh even more.

Sesshomaru looked at me and I turned the camera too him showing him the photo of Jaken and I heard something come from his mouth but it quickly went away.

We walked and walked through feilds, hills, and forest. I stopped to look at scenic views and for small breaks to rest. Like clock work night broke out and another day here was starting to come around. No where closer to home and more confused than yesterday.

At least I'm safe and I get powers out of all of this. Will I still have them when I get back home. I was in thought until I tripped on a tree root or rock it was pretty dark to tell. My stumble made Sesshomaru look back breifly at me while continuing to walk. I heard something shake the bushes, I screamed but it was short and pretty low. I watched a jack rabbit hopping out the bush I held my heart scared it was a demon or something.

"Why should you be scarred Y/N, your most powerful at night." Jaken said, Sesshomaru quickly moved his foot in front of Jaken causing him to trip but acted as if he didnt do anything wrong.

I lowered down to Jaken helping him up, "What do you mean I'm most powerful at night, how does that work?" He shrugged his shoulders looking away franticly. I stood up to see Sesshomaru settled onto the short grass floor resting his back on a tree.

"We'll stay here tonight." He said. I huffed walking over closer to the spot. "You wouldnt know what he's talking about right?" I asked trying to sit against a tree stump.

"Get firewood Jaken." Sesshomaru spoke and Jaken ran across the grass feild into the thick trees we just came from.

"Your powers are connected by the moon. Thats why it is strongest at night. You goal is to channel the Moon's energy during the day. That is when you'll have fully mastered powers from the moon." Channel moon powers during the day...when I don't know how to do it at night. The talk I had with the village lady, how am I apart of this. I looked at my hands then the moon, I traced the symbol onto my right hand just how she did. A small drop of water appeared on my hand, "Is it starting to rain?" I asked myself looking up. Water fell onto my clothes as my hand became heavy and wet. Water pooled into my hand like a low fountion.

I looked at Sesshomaru who just watched as if I cant see him. I made a face for help moving my arm half out for him to do something for it to stop. "W- what should I do? How can I stop this?" I asked trying to not let panic come over me, his face and gestured was regular and emotionless. It helped me relax, if hes not going to freak out then I'm not dying...unless he doesnt care if I die.

I was so lost in my own mind when his sudden body moved over a little bringing his hand onto my wrist leaning me in. His hands were soft, I havent noticed his long fingers and nails that look like sharp dagger blades until now. He carried my wrist like glass as he rose it to his lips drinking the water from my palm. His eyes were closed but he opened them looking me in the eyes as he pulled away.

I pulled my hand back surprised by what happened, I cupped my hands to my chest looking at my right hand. It Stopped. He Stopped it. Looking him in the face speechless, I noticed his different appereance. His eyes were blood red, his hair stood up more than usual, and the marks on his cheecks were a deeper purple. He closed his eyes leaning back into the tree calmly. "Are you ok?" I asked from the dead silence.

He didnt move...he didnt speak.

What kind of weirdo would do that? I didnt know he could look like that, was he hurt...Is he hurt from drinking the water. Did he hurt himself to help me? Please he probably was just thirsty...

Ugh everything that keeps happening just gets harder and harder to explain, maybe I should write this down.

I looked at my arm again thinking about what just happened he really drank water from my hand. The feeling of his lips so close to my skin felt kind of...I started to get butterflies into my stomach just thinking about it.

I look over at him, his eyes were still closed and his hair was back to its usual state. The prints on his face were normal again too. The fangs were still more apparent. He's not even human Y/N, I thought to myself but am I human still? I remember those demon smut books me and Rena used to read in high school. Whats the difference. Ugh what am I thinking about right now.

I dont like him, He doesnt say anything really. But when he does talk it's with importance...I do notice that now.

Jaken came running from the trees to the feild up to us. He had a pile of fire wood that he dropped and started to stack them up. When he was he done he backed up, "Watch this." He smirked as his walking stick shot fire out of its mouth hitting the sticks causing them to catch fire. I clapped my hands surprise from his little trick. I didnt know he had powers too.

"That was cool Jaken. I needed to dry off anyway." I warmed myself with the fire. I look over at Sesshomaru, he might honestly be sleep at this point.

After I was warmed up a bit I started to get food out for us and warmed it up over the fire. I gave them their share, me and Jaken began eating and started to talk about his fire power trick. After sometime Sesshomaru picked up his food and started to eat.

After eating, I started to get comfortable on the ground when Sesshomaru threw his fur thing onto me before leaning back on the tree. I looked back at him while he sat with his eyes close.

Looking at the fire that flared across his reflection I didnt look away for sometime. His features look so soft yet firm. I wonder if his face is soft...my thoughts drited to his hair then soon him as I fell asleep.