chapter twenty eight - friendship, or something.

trigger warning: delta's dad kinda just lets ver run around the city doing whatever. he is not actively harming delta but he isn't a great parent either.

delster 3:55 pm
ah man i gotta go
we're at my dads

stinkt smelly sity 3:55 pm
bye don't die

definitely dead 3:55 pm
let us know if there's any issues with your dad ok?

delster 3:56 pm
ill be fiiiiine itll just be kinda sucky
im not in any danger i swear

definitely dead 3:56 pm
you promise?

delster 3:56 pm
i promise

definitely dead 3:57 pm
thank u :)

═══∞◎∞═══

═══ [𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐋 𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄] ═══ 

DELTA SIGHED AS xe walked through the door to xyr father's grimy apartment. This was going to suck, seeing as ae had no friends in San Francisco and aer dad wasn't much fun to talk to. Neverless, ve exhaled slowly, waving goodbye to ver mother as she walked down the hallway. She was eager to not talk to her ex-husband. Understandable.

"Hey, dad," Delta muttered, waving in his direction. He replied with aer deadname and a nod. Off to a great start.

Delta dragged xyr bags to xyr room, everything pretty much how xe'd left it when xe were last here. That was a while ago, but it barely seemed like anything when looking at the mostly empty bookshelf and the few blankets strewn across the bed. There wasn't much in the room, seeing as Delta came here about twice a year, but it wasn't horrible. There was a mattress, and a desk, which was pretty much the bare minimum.

Delta yawned and dumped everything on the bed, then went back out to grab a drink of water from the kitchen. He went back to his room and laid down on the bed for a few seconds before digging out his phone and checking discord. Xe opened youtube and scrolled for a bit, trying to find something to watch, then switched to spotify and put on a podcast. Ae spent a few minutes playing geometry dash, then checked youtube again and clicked a random video. Whoever made it had an annoying voice, so they switched back to the podcast, and-

Delta groaned and pulled xyrself back off the bed.

"Hey, daaaad," ae droned, peering out from aer bedroom door. "Can I go on a walk? I'm bored."

"Sure, hon, just be back before dark. Or preferably before supper."

"Thanks!"

═══∞◎∞═══

═══ [𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐋 𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄] ═══

RANBOO JUMPED WHEN the doorbell rang. They had no clue what it was - had Delta sent them another three kilograms of m&ms? Regardless, he had to check it, so he headed over and opened the door to reveal a kid. Well, someone around fourteen or fifteen, so not really a kid, but still younger than him.

"Hi?" they asked, bewildered.

"Hellooo."

Ranboo gaped for a moment. "DELTA?"

"In the flesh," ve said, grinning. Xe giggled slightly, then pushed past him to get inside. Ranboo stood there, unmoving, as ae made aer way further into their house. Ranboo laughed.

"Why are you here, exactly?"

"I wanted my m&ms back." They grinned. Then xe elbowed Ranboo in the chest, hard enough to make him gasp and nearly fall over. "And I'm stealing some of your height, you freak."

"Well, you're going to have a hard time with the m&ms, seeing as I already finished them off," Ranboo said, grinning back. "But you can do your best with my height."

Delta laughed, and Ranboo opened their arms for a hug. Delta obliged, sinking xyr face into Ranboo's chest - xe weren't nearly tall enough to even reach his shoulder. Ranboo smiled.

THE END

authors note! hey guys ^-^ im back. not actually sorry. but there's an ending now! because . i got kinda mad at a comment for no reason so i logged on, but then i realized i didn't actually care, so i reread a couple chapters of this, and almost unpublished the whole thing, and now. well! i wanted to finish this off. Even if it's not a very good ending it's still something. and i like it!

 also btw i still read every comment on this fic even if i don't reply or ever use this account (mostly because im too lazy to turn off emails) and i do appreciate it some of you guys are pretty funny even if it reminds me that this fic exists. im not going to bother rereading it fully because im sure ill have an awful time even if there are still some funny bits but this is most definitely not a prime example of my writing being fantastic from what i remember there's some pretty annoying bits. i am however glad it exists and im kinda proud of it just because it's probably one of the longest things ive written and its very cool that i managed to stick with it for so long. im also glad you guys could find enjoyment in it and that its something thats made people happy because thats one of the main things i want to do with my life. this got weirdly sentimental for something that started because i was going to unpublish this thats okay though :)

ALSO FUN FACT at one point i was gonna write another one of these with a new oc that was friends with delta and the cover was going to be the exact same as this one but green and eventually i was going to write enough of these to have the whole rainbow

ALSO. um. i do not support dream anymore. i don't really have the energy to go back and fully edit him out of this but. i would like to make that very clear. if you support dream i do not want you here.