Chapter 2: The 1980s

Loki woke up on the pull out couch Miss Howlett placed him on. He found a pair of brand new clothes for him right beside his head.

"I made sure that I got you some new clothes. Your other ones looked like you went through a lot. Also if you need to use a bathroom to wash up, my bedroom is right though that passage." Miss Howlett said as she combed her freshly blow dried hair.

"Thank you."

"Oh, a polite Loki. What a rarity." She smirked and then fixed her hair to make it less all over the place.

Loki took Miss Howlett's offer for a shower, he really needed one and at this point he can finally be alone with his thoughts while in the shower.

As he cleaned himself, prior events flashed in his mind. Sylvie, Mobius, the other Lokis... He was determined to find Sylvie even though she did break his heart.

After he got out of the shower he got dressed. The buttoned up shirt, tie, dress pants and shoes, and of course the variant jacket...

Loki thought about the jacket. He lost it awhile ago, how is it here?

He got out of Miss Howlett's room and found her at her chair looking at a file on her desk.

"Where did you find this jacket?"

"That jacket? That's what all variant workers wear. There is nothing special."

"But how did you know?"

"I know all, Loki. Haven't you caught on yet?" She smirked as she kept reading her report.

Loki then put on his jacket and sat on the chair in front of her desk, deciding that arguing with her was not worth it.

"Alright, ready for your first mission?"

"Do I have a choice?"

She smirked. "Now you are catching on. I'll give you a briefing once we make it to our hotel room." And she took out a tempack from her pocket and pressed some buttons to get a portal to open up.

"Hop in, your highness." And Loki rolled his eyes and went through the portal.

Loki stepped out into the pavement of a busy city sidewalk. Miss Howlett closed the portal behind her and grabbed Loki's arm.

"Welcome to the Big Apple in 1985, Loki. Now let's get to that hotel." Miss Howlett said as she pulled Loki's arm.

"I can walk, you know. You don't have to pull me."

"Yeah. But we don't have much time. Also we need a quick clothes change." She then waved her hand in front of her face and green magic enveloped her and Loki, quickly changing Loki's and her clothing to 80s styled clothing. Miss Howlett was in a golden yellow dress and Loki was in a 80s looking suit.

"Wait... what?" And Miss Howlett just pulled him into a building and up some stairs. She opened the door and pushed him inside and closed the door behind her.

"You just did some magic... and it was green..." Loki said and she smirked.

"And you would love to know why, don't you?" She said and she opened up her file and placed it on the bed.

"Tonight is Live Aid, a huge concert that we need to make sure that Eric Clapton does the fastest version of "Layla" during a seventeen minute set."

"Who and what?"

"Right, you didn't live on Midguard. We are going to the biggest concert since Woodstock and this one little moment will solidify the timeline. We are kinda like that guy in Quantum Leap." And Loki looked at Miss Howlett, puzzled at what she just said.