Tree

Sun shone through the blinds the next morning, streaking the bed with light as he lay there on his stomach, Eddie curled close to his side despite the fact that he'd been awake for a while, the long haired man bought his hand up to Steve's face, sweeping a strand of hair from his face as he blinked his eyes open, rubbing them with the back of his hands.

"Mm..hey.."

"Hey, you sleep okay?"

Steve nodded, moving closer to Eddie under the sheets, wrapping his arms and legs around his torso and burying his face in eddies bare chest.

Eddies hand reached up to the back of his head, stroking his hair gently as the two of them lay together, Steve still waking up from the deep sleep he'd been in moments before.

"What time is it?.."

"Twelve-ish"

Steve nodded, tracing his fingers up and down Eddies spine.

"Hey Steve?"

"Mm?"

"Nice tramp stamp"

He gave Steve a toothy grin, eyeing the tattooed sun at the bottom of his spine as the taller of the two blushed in his arms.

"Any other tattoos I should know about Harrington?"

Steve stretched out, showing Eddie the silhouette of his guitar forever immortalised in his skin, but Eddies eyes slid to the stars around the bat scars, and then back up to the guitar.

"Oh, I see you've made yourself a shrine, I'm honoured"

Steve scoffed, swatting the air by eddies face aimlessly "it's not like you're not just a massive shrine to that Osbourne guy"

"Ozzy Osbourne" he corrected, clicking his tongue, "and I'm not its one tattoo"

"Mm, yeah okay"

"Besides I've got lots of others"

He nodded, Eddie did have quite a few piercings and tattoos, he'd complimented Steve on his own, adding the comment that he didn't seem the type to get them and then immediately shutting his mouth when Steve told him of his punk phase just after the two separated for the first time.

Eddie hummed nonchalantly, running a hand over the lower half of his face "the spawn should be back soon"

Once again Steve nodded, he wasn't bothered by Ozzy's presence, he found his thoughts interesting, especially because he never kept them to himself for too long, but for now he wanted to stay in bed, where it was warm and quiet.

About twenty minutes later he sat at the kitchen table in Eddies boxers and his old senior hoodie that his boyfriend had apparently stolen from him long ago, it was worn and three sizes too big because they'd given him the wrong size, he didn't care, it was better this way.

"Eddie!"

Uncle Wayne's slight twang rang through the door as tiny fists banged on the lower half.

"Coming da- uncle Wayne!"

Eddie leapt over the kitchen island in his sweatpants, running to the door, messy ponytail flying behind him and he opened the door, picking up a bundle of living baby gap clothing from the floor.

"Come in quick, it's freezing"

Eddies uncle stepped in, he didn't look much different at all, his hair was slightly more white and his beard resembled that of a garden gnome, but otherwise he had not changed at all.

His eyes locked onto Steve, he gave him a nod, which was reciprocated immediately, but before anything could be said a certain toddler interrupted them.

"Steveeeee"

He ran across the room, scaling one of the bar stools with ease and stealing a piece of heavily buttered toast from his dads plate.

The other two men sat at the island, striking up a conversation between themselves quite easily as Steve entertained the toddler, listening in every now and then.

"You fellas made up then?" Eddies uncle smiled, amused by the rising colour in his nephews face

"Could say that, yeah"

~0~

Apparently the Munsons did Christmas big, even if they didn't have much to fund it, Steve learnt this as soon as he found himself trying to put the lights at the top of the tree since Eddie was afraid of heights (sure it'd taken a lot of convincing but he'd been swayed, he was decorating with them and there was nothing he could do about it)

Eddie had somehow managed to lug an eight foot tree in to his one story house, and god it looked like they'd be here for hours decorating it, but they weren't, within around a half hour they'd managed it and were now curled up on the mismatched living room furniture, Eddies uncle and Ozzy dropping off to sleep in one of the chairs as home alone played on the old TV in the corner.

Steve glanced up at Eddie, he smiled, eyes half shut, Steve lay with him for a while, the two of them falling asleep tangled together after an amount of time that neither of them could care less about, he enjoyed this, he could probably get used to it, maybe getting snowed in with Eddie wasn't at all bad, they still had a while to go until they were back to their old ways again, but they had time, they had lots of time.