Chapter 32

-Niall-

"Alright, I'll listen, but I'm not promising anything." he finally decided, leaning back into his chair and crossing his arms over his chest. I smiled at him thankfully and felt myself relax.

I took a deep breath before starting talking. "You can stop me any time you want alright? Like to ask a question, I promise I'll be honest with you" Frank nodded stiffly, and I smiled a bit.

"Okay, well I don't know how much Abbie told you, so -"

"She told me everything" he cut me and I nodded.

"Okay. Well I just want you to know that I did accuse Abbie of cheating on me, and it's true that I didn't let her explain herself - if that's what she told you. I was really angry, I was confused, it just never really made much sense in my head why she kept staying with me even with all that happened between us, and I guess I was trying to convince myself that my beliefs were true, even though I didn't want them to be. I guess I just, I just got caught up in the moment you know? I think I sort of took it for granted that she'd forgive me because she always used to, when we got into fights like these. But this time I pushed her too far, I'm guessing, and I regret it."

I couldn't bear looking up into Frank's eyes, knowing I would either see deceit, anger, or possibly compassion. I hoped for the latter, obviously, but I still couldn't force myself to look up from my knotting fingers into those eyes that were almost exactly like Abbie's.

"I don't blame her if she doesn't want to talk to me again. I'm pretty sure she doesn't want to see me or talk to me at all. Hell, if I were her, I wouldn't want to talk to me. I know I acted like a jerk, a downright asshole, and I shouldn't have. Abbie's an amazing girl and I- fuck, it hurts to say this but I hurt her, I know I did, and if I could I'd take back all I said to her that hurt her because she doesn't deserve it."

I kept my eyes locked on my hands as I paused for a second, trying to gather my scattered thoughts.

"I know you probably don't want me anywhere near your daughter and I don't blame you Mr Walker, but I really, really like your daughter, possibly love but I'm not really sure exactly what love is like, but all I know is that I haven't been the same since Abbie left. I miss her so much, and I can't stop thinking about her, and it's a good thing we just finished the tour and we're on break because I couldn't get in the studio and record songs or get out on stage right now."

Frank remained quiet for a while, and I still hadn't glanced up at him since I'd started my speech. I finally took a deep breath and slowly raised my eyes to meet his.

His face was void of any emotion and that scared me more than any other emotion he could've showed.

"You done?" he said and I nodded, biting my lip. He sighed and straightened himself in his chair, only adding to the anticipation building inside me. Why wasn't he saying anything? He hadn't even interrupted me once; something I didn't expect.

I brought my hands down in my lap and started bouncing my knee up and down just to release some nerves as he simply sat there, taking in my nervousness like he was totally immune to it.

"Are you going to say anything?" I finally cracked, and a shadow of a smirk played at Frank's lips. "It's fun to watch you squirm like that."

I didn't really know what to answer to that so I looked at the guard standing in the corner, just for something to do with my eyes. He was listening intently to our conversation with his legs spread apart and his arms behind his back in a professional stance. Minutes ticked by and none of us had said a word yet so I cleared my throat.

"Well, I just wanted you to, um, know my side of the story I guess? Sorry for bothering you" I said quietly as I pushed my chair back and stood up with my eyes locked on the tabletop. I took a deep breath to steady my shaky breath, mentally cursing myself for believing for a second that this man would grant me another chance with his daughter. Of course he wouldn't, he's got a head on his shoulders. I wouldn't let my daughter date me again either if I was in his place.