𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙉𝙞𝙣𝙚: "𝙉𝙚𝙬 𝙁𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙙."

Two Months Later

     Two months had passed since the incident. Throughout that period, you had finally healed from your injuries. Though, the bite mark on your shoulder never disappeared, which left a faded yet noticeable scar. But, Streber also recovered and had gotten a prosthetic arm to replace his missing one, which delighted you when you found out. Lila and her kid were doing well, which surprised you. You had expected those two to be traumatized after their encounter with the psychopath, but they weren't and had actually been doing better since then. And Kevin, who was now a devoted partner to Streber. You'd always tease Kevin about it when you went to work. Of course, Kevin would dismiss it with a wave of the hand and a flushed face, but you knew deep down he appreciated you for being so accepting of his and Streber's relationship. 

The jingle of a doorbell resonated throughout your home, and you snapped out of the deep daze you were in. You groaned, unwilling to leave your warm knitted blankets. The doorbell rang again, and you slipped off the couch, a frown making its way to your face. You could never catch a break with this damn neighborhood, could you? To be short, people- no, interviewers and newspeople had been coming to your house non-stop for the past two months, asking questions like, "What was it like to be kidnapped by the Red Devil?" and "How did you manage to survive him?" Their questions would always overwhelm you and cause you to shut the door. You NEVER wanted to think back on your experience with the cannibal. You were still traumatized from it. Yes, it's been a while since everything happened, but you couldn't shake the lingering uneasiness in your gut. 

You shuffled toward the door, your chest tightening as you gripped the handle and cracked the wooden door open, shutting your eyes in annoyance. "Listen, I'm not in the mood to answer any of your questions-" You opened your eyes, shocked to see your friend, Lila.

Startled at the sudden sight, you spoke again. "Lila? What in the world are you doing here?" You asked in a questioning tone, tilting your head and raising a brow. The young female chuckled, dismissing your inquiry.

"Those news reporters still bothering you, huh?" She mused, glancing inside your house. You took notice of this immediately, pushing the door farther so Lila could enter.

She waltzed inside, and you shut the door, embracing the warmth of your abode. "Uh... yeah, unfortunately." You replied awkwardly, following behind her.

Lila went over and sat down on your plush couch, sinking into the comfortable cushions and sighing in contentment. You assumed she was out of breath due to trudging through the thick layers of snow. Speaking of snow, her winter boots were coated in icy white flakes, which in response, made you grumble. She could've at least taken her shoes off before entering your home. Shrugging it off, you sat down next to the female and wrapped your blanket over your shoulders, and slumped into the armrest. The warm light of the fireplace illuminated both of your figures, and occasionally the flames would crackle and flicker and make Lila jump.

Something seemed to be weighing on Lila's mind, which was quite obvious, seeing as she dismissed your question and seemed to be slightly tense. "Are you feeling alright, Lil? You seem nervous about something." You looked over at the female, who seemed to stiffen at your question.

"Ah, right...!" She replied sheepishly, turning to face you. You noticed she had her hands clasped and against her chest, as if she was fearful of something. Or, someone.

You sent a concerning look at the lavender-haired woman. She fumbled with her hands as she spoke. "It's nothing really, it's just..." Lila paused. She seemed to be resurfacing whatever incident had occurred. "While me and my son were shopping for Christmas decorations yesterday, I saw this... strange man pass us, and when I looked at him, he had this wicked smile on his face." The woman explained while fiddling with the hem of her dress. "But it might just be me! He just seemed so off." She finished, looking down at the floor. Lila seemed to be very unnerved.