Bloody Mary

This was the third night I had a dream about the Nalusa Falaya or whatever it's called. It's like it has been lurking in the back of my mind for whatever reason. I didn't even understand what it was until I finally had gotten used to its name in my dreams—or nightmares. It was the same dream every time. Except, it kept getting longer. And I mean, I would have to force myself awake at times because of the Long black figure would totally consume the children of the tribe in my dream.

As soon as I woke up this morning, I searched the house hopes of finding my phone. I gave up eventually and hurried my way to the Weathervane in anger.

"Marg, your not working today, are you?" Tyler Galpin asked me as I stormed into the cafe.

"I'm looking for my phone." I breeze past him. I went behind the counter and started going through all the drawers. "I was here last night, it has to be here!"

"Margaux, calm down." Tyler rushed over, closing all the drawers and cabinets that I left open. "Why don't you just retrace your steps for a moment."

"What do you think i'm doing?" I glare at him. I stood back as he reorganized the cabinetry. I had a lump in my throat as I buried my frustration into my palms.

"Where you in the woods with Wednesday last night? Have you tried the woods?" Tyler asked.

I removed my head from my hands.

"The woods are so big, Tyler. The chances of me of finding it are the same as the chances of me finding my dad."

"Do you want me to call it?"

I spun around and looked at him as if he was stupid. "What good is that gonna do? I don't even know what the general area is for this phone!"

Tyler shrugged indicating that he didn't know what to tell me. "I gotta get going anyway, my shift is over." He said while grabbing his stuff and leaving. "Hope you find your phone though."

I gave out a frustrated sigh and continued to scour through the café. Eventually I left the cafe. As I was leaving I nearly ran into Xavier.

"Woah, what's wrong?" He stopped me.

"I think I lost my phone in the woods last night."

"Oh that's rough."

"Yeah, no shit." I snapped.

"Do you want me to call it?" Xavier asked as I sat down on the bench. I scoffed and grabbed his phone from out of his hands and dialed the number. As it began to ring, I shoved it back to his hand and started walking back into the cafe.

"It's not here." I rolled my eyes. As I was about to leave, the boy grabbed my arm preventing me from leaving. He showed me the phone where it had started a timer indicating that someone had picked up. I slowly took his phone out of his hand and held it up to my ear.

"Hello?" I said, puzzlers as to who could have picked up my phone. On the other line, there was just static and slight breathing. "Is anyone there?" The call ended mysteriously and left me totally confused.

"Who was it?" The boy asked.

"I wish I knew." I went through his phone and found the FindmyPhone app and clicked on it. "It's in the woods. Somewhere. As of just now." I looked up at Xavier. "I gotta go."

Xavier stopped me again, his hand still on my arm. "Are you going back out there again?"

"Well yeah," I shrug obviously. "I kinda need my phone. If I don't find it, who knows what my mom would do to me."

"Well your not gonna go alone with this Monster walking around."

"I'll be fine." I wave off and started walking. I turned the corner when I was bumped into Miss Thornhill. My eyes shot open. "Miss Thornhill! Did you get your Matcha this morning?"