Chapter 12

Anling prepared her stance. While her father was nervously picking at his nails, Lumine was getting ready to referee the fight. "And..."

"Start!"

Anling ran quickly past Zhongli, then turned around and raised her polearm, ready to strike.
But just as she was about to land a blow, Zhongli moved just in time to land a sneakstrike. This, however, was not enough to defeat her; she managed to maneuver and slam the ground with her polearm, unfortunately missing the Archon. "Grr...." Anling mumbled, trying to make an opening in which she could land a hit. She found her chance; Zhongli hadn't yet seen her true power. She tried to use her strongest attack, but another hit landed on her by Zhongli, knocking her to the floor. "Well, this is easy." The God said, giggling under his breath. "Damn you..." Anling muttered, then jumped up and landed an attack. She gasped, however, as it had no effect. Zhongli raced towards her, slamming his weapo-"STOP!!!"

...

"You sure your ok?" Lumine asked again, which Anling assumed to be the 100th time. "I'm fine," Anling grumbled. She turned to the Geo Archon, who was saying, "Cmon, you really thought you could beat me?" Xiao was putting his palm in his face and saying, "dammit Zhongli, trying to fight a child?!"
"For the record, dad, I am like... a lot of years old."
"But Anling..."
"I'll be fine."
Zhongli turned to Anling and said, "by the way..."

"I accept you as my apprentice."