𝟎𝟐 ─ QUITE THE ODDBALL

𝒕𝒘𝒐

𝒕𝒘𝒐. quite the oddball

      Being the brilliant mastermind that she is, Eve theorized that if she and Xavier were to immediately jump into their relationship it would raise too much suspicion

Instead, they took their time to bond over the duration of a few weeks. The pair hardly knew anything about each other aside from the infamy that tainted both of their names.

      Xavier and Eve faced each other while they sat at an otherwise empty lunch table, already noticing the way that their peers shot them confused glances and shared whispers amongst themselves.

"You seriously don't like olives?" Xavier speculated before he picked a green olive from her lunch plate and placed it in his mouth. "I mean, they're easily in the top three best pizza toppings—aside pepperoni and ham, of course."

"It appalls me that pineapple isn't in your top three," Eve said, raising one of her eyebrows.

Xavier shivered in disgust. "I can't believe you just said that."

"Oh, don't be so dramatic. I'd hate for our first fight to be over pineapples and olives," Eve shrugged her shoulders before taking a bite of her slice of pizza.

"This is relationship–ending material. I mean, how am I going to date someone who has such horrible taste?" Xavier joked.

Eve rolled her eyes. "Speaking of bad taste, when do you think we should announce our relationship?"

"Ouch," he smiled, tucking a strand of his hair behind his ear. "I don't know... maybe at the secret bonfire that the Scales are holding tonight."

"I didn't know they were hosting a bonfire?" Eve speculated.

"I think the key detail in that sentence was that it's secret," Xavier spoke with an amused tone as the corners of his lips tugged upwards. "Bianca caught me in the hallway and invited me. She said I could bring a plus one. I'm assuming she meant Ajax so this will definitely catch her off guard."