𝟎𝟑 ─ SOUNDS LIKE SABOTAGE

𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆

𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆. sounds like sabotage

      The nightlife of the Harvest Festival buzzed around Xavier and Eve as they approached a game booth designated for dart throwing

"Watch and learn," Xavier bragged as he took the sharp dart into his still fingers.

Eve almost laughed out loud at his immense concentration; one of his eyes squeezed shut while the other narrowed in an attempt to hit the correct target. The dart rapidly left his fingers and missed the board of balloons entirely.

"These games are rigged," he scoffed.

"You're such a sore loser," Eve teased. "Maybe you're just about as good at dart throwing as you are at archery."

"Ooh, that one cut deep," Xavier spoke as he dramatically clutched his heart. "Have you ever even tried archery?"

She shook her head. "No. I've never been interested in it."

"That's just because you haven't had a good teacher," he shrugged. "New rule: you have to try it at least once."

"Not fair. You can't just add rules out of nowhere!" she groaned.

He extended his arms and rested them on the rim of the booth to support his leaning weight. "All's fair, there's no rule in our agreement telling me that I can't," Xavier corrected her.

Eve took a confident step in front of him, exchanging a carnival ticket with the booth attendant and receiving three darts in return. With ease, she directed each dart into three balloons positioned next to each other.

"Here you go," the attendant spoke as he handed Eve an oversized white teddy bear.

With a cocky smile, Eve turned to face Xavier who was already wearing a disbelieving grin. She placed the bear in one of his arms and intertwined her arm with his free one as they walked through the cluster of bright lights and loud conversations. Although he didn't know it, she had just used her telekinesis to direct the darts into the balloons.