𝟎𝟓 ─ DON'T SAY I DIDN'T WARN YOU

𝒇𝒊𝒗𝒆

𝒇𝒊𝒗𝒆. don't say i didn't warn you

      "Ah, Miss Monroe, I've been itching to meet with you," Principal Weems exuded

      Eve pressed her lips together to form a fake smile. "I wish I could say the same."

      Weems leaned back into her leather desk chair, seemingly unamused by her student's antics. Eve challenged her by tilting her head to the left, taunting her principal for a response.

      "I assume you're well aware of the mysteries surrounding this town, yes?" Weems asked, earning a nod from Eve. "Am I also correct in assuming that you're aware of Wednesday Addams' obsession with these murders?"

      "I'm aware that you and the rest of the faculty are covering up something ominous," Eve shortly replied. "Whatever that is, however, I am unaware of."

      "Based on your attitude with me, I see you're one to hold grudges. You remind me of myself, Evette," the blonde–haired woman smiled.

      Eve narrowed her eyes at the woman. "Whether that's supposed to be a compliment or an insult is a mystery to me. May we get to the reason you called this meeting or am I free to go?"

      "I called you in to warn you, Miss Monroe," Weems spoke sternly. "I warn you to steer clear of Wednesday Addams and all of her far–fetched theories. I hypothesize that she will be delivering her silly stories to you next."

      "And I'll be waiting until she does. Have you stopped to consider what good would come to Wednesday if she truly has just been lying about everything?" Eve asked. "She's only been teased and ridiculed by her classmates. You're lucky that she can handle it."

      "And what about you? Have you been handling it?" Weems asked.

      "Oh, you suddenly care about the well–being of your students?" Evette said through a disbelieving laugh. "All this school cares about is covering up deaths and blaming your mistakes on others, isn't that right? It wouldn't be the first time, after all."