Chapter 4 - Bonfire

You, Ashley, and Mary are driving to the nearest mall to help you pick out a new outfit for the bonfire. Unfortunately the nearest mall is an hour away but it doesn't matter because you three skipped school for the occasion.

Once you told them about Sandy, they said they would take you to go shopping. They also warned you she would likely be at the bonfire.

Ashley grips the steering wheel while taking an exit onto the highway.

"That bitch! We're going to find you the perfect outfit."

"I really appreciate you both taking me to the mall. Normally I would figure it out on my own but I really needed your help."

"We used to have a mall in Hawkins. It was so cool. But some freak explosion destroyed the place." Mary said while turning the channels on the car radio

"I miss Scoops Ahoy. Every time I went to the mall I always made a trip to get ice cream." Ashley said wistfully

Mary started to cackle

"Ashley, you only got ice cream at Scoops Ahoy to ogle at Steve Harrington in his little blue shorts!"

"Yes Mary, yes I did. And I miss it. I miss it so much. I would purposefully ask for the ice cream that was almost out. That way he would have to lean forward to scoop it out to the very bottom of the container. I got some real good views of his ass that way."

Your shaking your head and giggling

"Ashley, you need to take a cold shower."

Once you get to the mall they both give you advice on what kind of clothes to get.

"Listen y/n. I know you like wearing your band shirts but it's time to take it up a notch. You said Sandy was wearing a low cut top the other day right? Well I think you should get one too. And new jeans. Maybe ones more fitted. Don't worry about shoes. It's farmland where the bonfire is so you want to wear regular sneakers."

You grab a few pairs of jeans and tops. With help from Ashley and Mary you finally
choose the perfect outfit. The top was a crimson red. It dipped low enough to show a little cleavage but not too much to be uncomfortable to wear.

You have never worn tops like these before. You couldn't believe that you actually looked good. It hugged in the right places. No wonder why so many girls at school dressed like this. For the first time you felt sexy.

A couple days later your working at the pizza shop when your boss told you to wait on a nearby table.

You look over at the table. You see Sandy and three other girls chatting while reading menus.

You sighed to yourself and tried your best to casually introduce yourself as you would with any other customer.

Sandy looks up from her menu and immediately recognizes you. After you take their order she starts to ask you questions.

"Aren't you in my trig class?"

"Yeah. Mr. Davies class."

"I thought I recognized you! Aren't you fiends with Gareth?"

"Actually, he's my boyfriend."

"Oh my mistake. For some reason I thought you were just friends. You and him give off more of a friendship kind of vibe than a dating vibe. Well good for you! Hey, maybe I'll see you at the bonfire tomorrow!"

"Yeah. I'll see you there. Your food will be out in a few minutes."

Great. Your not surprised she's going to be there. But you secretly hoped she had plans elsewhere.