Sweet Emotion

Enid grew to become comfortable in the silence that was Wednesday Addams but the silence that filled their dorm room that first night was like claws on a chalkboard. With each creak in the floor and every page turn of Amary's sixth magazine, Enid could sense this growing rage within Wednesday.

A lot has changed over the last several months, not only on the outside but on the inside as well. Enid was hyper-aware of all of her senses. Especially scent, and the room was filled with battling hormones as her two roommates shared passive-aggressive glances at one another.

At one point Amary had popped a bright pink bubble of gum and Wednesday snapped. Fast out of her chair she bolted out of the room. "Wednesday, where are you going?"

"Out." She coldly replied, making her way down the corridor and down a set of stairs that led to the outside world. Something about Amary boiled Wednesday's blood, and not a good boiling with delicious death.

She wasn't sure where she was going but she soon found herself outside of the hummer hut. The slight hum of the bees playing a dreary medley. Wednesday always thought they sounded like a chorus of groans, which brought her some peace when she needed to clear her mind. She didn't mind a few stings from the rogue soldiers as well. With her masochist tendencies relieved, she felt the tension lift from her shoulders as she curled up on the cold hard floor of the strange little hut. She would sleep here, for the night, as she let the nippy January air prick at her skin. This felt much more like home than the four walls that were now being infiltrated by that wench.

When she awoke she was blinded by a bright light coming from the window and several worried faces hovering over her. Eugene, Enid and Xavier watched as she stretched, rubbing the sleep from her dark eyes.

"We thought you had caught hypothermia and died." Enid exclaimed, "you were barely breathing!" On the contrary, Wednesday's body temperature was usually below 95 and she learned to slow her breathing for hibernation many years ago.

"Well, isn't that unfortunate." They all shared a universal sigh of relief. Same old dark Wednesday.

"When you didn't return last night I was worried." Enid kneeled down besides Wednesday.

"I just couldn't be with that despicable wench any longer."

"You're not the only one with a terrible roommate." Eugene added. "And ours is the headmaster's kid."

Enid and Wednesday both raised an eyebrow at that, "so is ours, his daughter."

"She is absolutely horrid, and not in a good way." Wednesday shuffled to her feet, her back feeling as stiff as a board. Her favorite. "We should probably go, before we miss all the fun." Wednesday said in monotone. The other three followed her out but Xavier caught her by the arm and pulled her aside as Enid and Eugene continued on towards the academy.

"You need to stay away from Anastasius." He said. Wednesday pulled her elbow from his grasp.

"I plan to stay away from everyone." Turning she had a thought about what Amary said, Anastasius was "off-limits" and now Xavier was also telling her what she could and couldn't do. She didn't like that. She turned back to face him, a sour expression on her face, "who are you to tell me who to interact with?"

Shocked at her sudden change, Xavier was speechless. Wednesday wasn't a social person so he didn't think it would be hard to at least have her keep her distance from him. But Wednesday was also stubborn so this may be harder than Xavier originally thought. "I'm just trying to protec-"

"I don't need protection." She moved the shoulder of her sweater aside to reveal a scar where the arrow had pierced her a few months ago. The sight of the healed over wound felt like a shot through the heart to Xavier, he wanted so badly to reach out and hold her close.