9.

Jin POV:

"Smile Jin!" He repeated watching me form a wide smile on my face. I did what he told me to because I didn't know what he'd do.

I put a wide smile on my face taking heavy breathes. Don't look down at the knife, it'll cause more tension and pain.. I repeated in my head.

The knife cut across my palm leaving a bloody diagonal line. I squinted my eyes in pain watching my dad draw the knife back smiling.

"Keep trying me or you'll get use to this." He stated very clearly as he let go of my bleeding palm.

I watched him right in his eyes, my bottom lip trembled. If only mom was awake. The pain.. it hurts.. not physically but emotionally.

I closed my hand and backed up not caring for the blood that dripped onto the carpet. My dad passed by me and grabbed one of the green bottles from the ground and sat back down on the dirty couch.

"Go to your room now." I heard him mumble. Of course I quickly left and opened the bathroom door. Shutting the door I look a deep breath and looked in the mirror. For a second I just stared at myself, I could've been so much better.

The water ran over my palm watching the blood slowly go away but continue to flow. Water worked okay but not the best.

I wrapped my hand in a bandage that I found in the bottom cabinet and I tightly closed it, and wanted to leave, chop it off, do something... anything.

"It's not helping.. why does he do this... this'll be his conclusion to my arguments.." I muttered sitting onto my bed hugging my hand at my chest.

"The sooner it heals, the better.."

I showed up to school the next day with a long knifed gray scarf and a comfy hoodie then some sweatpants and white shoes. The darker colors looked good on me, hopefully no one will pay to much attention to my hand.

"Jin!" A familiar voice yelled from the hallway.

I turned around and heard Namjoon calling me. I quickly hid my hand behind my back and put a face smile on my face.

"Oh hello Namjoon! Are you doing well?"

"Yeah, give me an update about yesterday.. did they do anything to you?" Namjoon demanded as he crossed his arms.

I hesitantly looked at the ground and took a step back holding my other hand. "No.. I'm fine.."

I hope he believes me.. my hand looks terrible. I don't think I can hide it much longer.

Namjoon looks me up and down and then he grabbed my arm. "What are you hiding?"

"Nothing!.." I said quickly as I looked up at him.

"Show me your hand." He looked right at me at that point.

Does he know?... Shit. I slowly lifted my hand from behind me and showed it to him.

"Jin you're bleeding?!... baby..." Namjoon covered up my hand and rushed me to the boys restroom.

"It isn't that bad.." I told him in a low tone standing against the wall.

"Yes it is.. why didn't you cover it up.?" Namjoon asked grabbing the tissue in a nearby stall.

"It wasn't important.."

I felt the tissue being pressed on my palm and he looked at him. Thank you... I whispered.

"No problem." Namjoon responded. "Who did this?"

"My dad..."

There was a long pause after that then a stall then opened and someone walked out.

"Am I interrupting something?"