fourteen.

Malaysia

The house was quiet which meant that everyone was asleep. I slid on my black sweats and entered my arms through the matching jacket. I slide on my slippers and went downstairs. Shuri set up transportation for me so I was waiting on them. Shuri sent a text telling me that my ride was outside.

I opened the door slowly and shut it softly walking towards the car. I got into the automobile. I crossed my legs and looked out the window. The ride to the beach wouldn't that long. It took about thirty minutes. The driver dropped me off at the end of the road. Literally. If we were to keep going he'll be driving on sand.

I exit the car and thank the driver. I saw Shuri standing near the water. I sighed and started taking my slippers off to walk through the sand. "Hey, I'm surprised that you came." I pursed my lips and smiled. "I was debating on coming." She nodded.

"Look. I know you hate me. And I understand. Malaysia I am so sorry. I don't know how I should feel toward you. Shit, I don't know how to feel about myself. But I do know that when you told me you didn't me to speak to me anymore my heart dropped. Malaysia when I met you I felt like I was changing back to the old me. I haven't felt that way since my family left me." Tears were forming in her eyes and her voice was shaky.

"I don't like getting close to people. Because I can't afford to make another mistake or lose another person. I haven't dated in a while. And I don't plan on too soon because I'm not ready." That last sentence hit me hard. That's what I get for moving too fast. "I understand. And I hope one day you heal." I said grasping her hand. "How about I help you get through it?" I slightly smiled while looking up at her. "I'm here to do research and restore a heart yeah." She laughs looking at me.

"So beautiful." She caressed the side of my face. I smiled removing her hands and turned towards the water. "It's so beautiful out here at night." She nodded. "My mom and I would come out here every Sunday night." I squatted and dug my hand into the sand. "I always looked forward to these nights with her." I stood back up and face her. "You know this is the first time I came back here since her death." I smiled. "That's a good start." She grabbed my hands pulling me closer.

"Tomorrow y'all are going to the Mining Tribe right?" I nodded. She sat her chin on top of my head. "I'll be gone for a couple of days." I raised my eyebrow. "Where are you going?" "The states." hmm. "You got a meeting with the Avengers or some." She put her hands on my lips. "How did you know that." I widen my eyes. "I don't know what! If you see Dr. Strange tell him Malaysia said hey." She laughs nodding. "Only if I can get a kiss." I frown.

"Friends don't kiss." Her eyes went bulk. "Wow. Just one kiss goodbye." I peck her lips. "Damn. That was dry as hell." Shuri grabbed my face and pulled me into a kiss. "Friend." She said grinning.

Tuesday

It was extremely early. Instead of meeting the Tribe later, they reschedule it to six this morning. What they do that for? I grabbed my journal and headed out the door.

 What they do that for? I grabbed my journal and headed out the door

The Mining Tribe was beautiful. This is where all the vibranium was storge. We toured around and asked questions. What I liked most about this place was that the women were the leader. I pushed my glasses up from the bridge of my nose.

She explained how lots of people men especially wanted to take her spot. But she held on to it for years. And still hanging on. "I don't know why she reminds me of my aunt," Anastasia whispered. She kind of do. "It's the smile." Ana nodded. "I heard the queen left today. She'll be gone for a while." I nodded listening. I snap a couple of pictures. "Do you think it's because of the fight at diamonds?"

I shrug my shoulders, "I don't know. Maybe." I'm the biggest liar. "Has she tried contacting you?" I shook my head no. "Haven't heard from her since that night." She nodded. "As you should." Anastasia ran towards the other and jumped on Jade's back. I smiled lifting my camera to snap a picture. Ding.

Shuri: I made it to MERICA BESTIE🫡🇺🇸

I laugh at the message. I stop in my tracks to send a message back.

Malaysia: Great! 😂😂 be safe and have fun.
Shuri: i miss you bestie...
Malaysia: shouldn't you be meeting the hulk or some?

I smiled putting my phone in my back pocket. "Wait up on me," I yelled running towards the others.

A\N

I have to be up for work in five hours helppppp. This chapter was so short I'm so sorry. I promise I'll make it up the next chapter. Comment and like 🫶🏽 also how do yall feel about Shuri apology? I kinda feel bad for her idkkk 🫣