Sitting in Silence

Iida's Pov

Me and Momo sit in silence for a while.

"Aizawa has got supervision on him now, he should be okay, he wouldn't be a teacher if he didn't work well with kids," Momo says.

"Correct, but still, a suicide attempt is still quite serious, for someone to go through such pain that they are not afraid of death is just...baffling I guess. He must've been miserable," I rant without realizing it. Momo was listening intently though.

She sighs, and looks downward with a somber expression.

I hope Aizawa is able to help him.

Please be okay Midoriya.

Izuku's Pov

"M-mr. Aizawa, sir?" I ask.

"Yes Midoriya?"

"Y-you're gonna have to tell my m-mom, aren't you..?" I say. He nods, and says, "I'm having All Might deliver the news to her by letter, he doesn't actually know, though."

And just then, my phone rang.

Shit. It's Mom.

I sigh and say, "I guess I should talk to her," they nod, and I step out of the room.

"Izuku, my baby!" I can hear Mom crying over the phone.

"H-hi Mom..." I say quietly.

"I just got a letter from the school saying you..." she trails off, bawling quite loudly into the phone.

This is not what I need right now...

"I- I know, Mom."

"W-was I a bad mother? Is it because you grew up without a father? I'm so sorry Izuku!" She cries.

"M-Mom! It's not your fault, I swear!" I say, now comforting her, as if she was the one who just attempted suicide.

Mom, I love you, but I really can't do this right now.

I see Aizawa peek out, and I give him a 'help me' look. I give him my phone, and he says something to my mom. He hangs up, and hands my phone back to me.

"Thank you..." I whisper to Mr. Aizawa, before sitting next to Uraraka again.

Kaminari's Pov

Shit. God why am I such an idiot? I could have at least made it a little less obvious!

I coulda wiped my tears and said "oH wElL tHe ReD fAcE iS fRoM tHe CoLd," or some shit!

But no! I just had to sprint away from her like some sort of maniac!

I get up and walk around campus a bit. I trip over a crack in a sidewalk, and when I fall, I see something questionable...

Jirou's guitar pick? She must've dropped it... normally she's so careful with it...

I guess I could just keep it until I see her again...

Iida's Pov

Shit. I never ate, so I never took my meds.

How do I get in the bathroom for that long without her getting suspicious? Plus, she'll hear the pills...should I skip this dose?

No, I know how bad withdrawl symptoms can be...

I shiver at the thought.

I've got Tylenol in my cabinet. I can just say that I have a headache and that I'm gonna take some!

"Hey Momo, I've got a..uh..pretty bad headache, I'm going to take some Tylenol," I say, she nods.

I get up and go to the bathroom. I take out my meds, and swallow a pill. I put the little orange bottle back into the drawer, and I walk out of the bathroom.

Momo is sitting on the bed with her head in her hands. I try and comfort her, but honestly, there's not much we can do when its only been a couple hours since our classmate attempted suicide.

We spent the rest of the day in silence, trying and failing to keep our minds off of the situation. Neither of us had an appetite for dinner. Eventually, we just fell asleep.

Bakugou's Pov

As me and Kirishima lay on the bed, I start to realize something. "Hey Kirishima?" I ask, not knowing if I have enough courage to ask this.

Fuck it.

He lets out a small "hm?"

"Did I...have a bad childhood?" I ask. He rolls over to face me, so I do the same. "I dunno. Tell me more about your childhood," he says.

Fuck. Didn't think this far ahead. Here goes nothin'.

Katsuki's flashback

"For fucks sake, Katsuki! Crying over a test score? You'll never be a fuckin' hero!" Mother yells.

"I-I'm sorry Ma," I stutter as she slaps me, leaving a mark. "Honestly! I raise you, give you food, give you a bed, pay your school bills, and you repay me by getting bad grades and crying over them?" She yells. I let out a shaky breath.

"Quit your crying or I'll give you something to cry about!" She yells, grabbing one of her belts. I run up to my room in fear.

"Running only makes it worse, brat. How are gonna be a hero if you're scared of your own mother?" She screams, chasing me up the stairs, I shut the door and lock it, to stall the beating as long as I can.

Eventually, she makes it into my room. The beating didn't hurt as much as the feeling of betrayal by my own mother did, though.

Present

I sigh after telling him that, not even realizing that I'm breathing heavily and crying.

"I-yeah. I'm sorry Bakugou, that seems like-like the definition of bad childhood." He says, scooting closer.

"S-sorry. I-uh-probably said way too much..." I say, looking away a little. He makes me face him again, and says, "no, not at all. Thank you for trusting me enough to open up to me."

He then hugs me, making my heart flutter a little, and we fall asleep like that.

_______________________________________

Yeesh. Been a while, eh? Ive decided that 2-a-clock in the fuckin morning is the best time to regain motivation, and crush my writers block ig.