Nightmares, again? / Modern AU

AN: Listen.. I'm starting to run out of ideas and I might hit my writer's block soon😭
Warning:
-Character Death
-Khaenriah?
-Xiaother ofc
-Hurt/Comfort

Xiao's POV

Every night this week, I've been having nightmares. Terrible nightmares.

I close my eyes, hoping that the nightmares would be over. But, I was wrong.

I "wake up" In a strange place. It was dark, and somewhat familiar. Familiar, as in I had seen it a few times in my nightmares.

The floor had cracks. I saw blood everywhere. The place was destroyed, and didn't look like a place one would randomly stumble upon.

There were loud screaming in the distance, and some of them I recognized. The screaming were filled with tears. I could sense them.

In front of me, I saw my lover, Aether. On the floor, blood spilling everywhere. I fall onto my knees, I was unable to hold my tears.

Aether's POV

"Xiao! ... Please wake up!" I slightly shake Xiao, hoping it would wake him up. He wakes up after a couple attempts, tears spilling, and sweat dripping.

"Xiao.. Did you.. Get another nightmare?" I hesitate to ask, even though this -as basically became a daily routine. "I-i .. wish the answer was *hick* no." Xiao replied.

I hugged him slightly tighter, and caressed his soft Raven green hair. "Shh.. It's fine. I'm here. Let it all out, Xiao." I continued to comfort him until he fell asleep.

"How about I treat you to a date tomorrow?" I whispered in his ear before burying my head in Xiao's chest and falling asleep.

Sorry this was short!