01 The Opening.

The sound of the Adhan woke her up from her sound sleep, a sleep she hasn't gotten for a week now, to the extent that she had to buy sleeping pills yesterday.

She opened her eyes slowly to adjust to the rays of light peeking between her curtains.
She got up to go to the bathroom to take her bath and perform an ablution to pray.

Her room reminds one of the colors of cream and wine, She smiled at the matching colors of vibrant wine Abaya.
Her emotions were jumbled up to the extent that she doesn't even know whether she was excited, grateful, or scared or all the emotions altogether because she is opening her culinary school after years of hard work, Alhamdulillah.

After she was done praying, she went to the next room to check on her daughter, Noor, who is already dressed up, thanks to her grandma.

The baby broke into a cheeky smile as she saw her mother to which the mother returned with the same energy.
"AssalamuAlaikum Noori, How is my darling doing today," she said as she carried her downstairs to meet all her family members already at the table waiting for them.

Assalam Alaikum"
wa Alaikum salaam" they all replied happily except the parent whom she still has a strained relationship with.

She was comfortable while eating the food,  this is one of the reasons she is not always coming down for breakfast, but today is a big day for her, and she ought to.

"Ameer, I want to go and change, we will get going after that"

Ameer is a twenty-year-old, loving, and Caring brother. He is the CEO of his father's company, Al hijrah ex-imp, and co.
He has been with her through thick and thin, Alhamdulillah. Jawaahir always prays to Allah for him to meet his desired soulmate.

"Okay Jay" He replied.

She placed Noor in his arms after eating then went upstairs to change into the finely sewn Ankara Bubu style.

She tied her headgear into a popular Hausa style, called Zahra Buhari, and topped it with a silver-colored stiletto, she then sling her bag in between her arm and went downstairs to meet Aamir.

"Let's go". she said

"Bye everyone" they chorused and waved at them.

Amir carried Noor as she brought the key out of her bag and handed it to Amir.

He opened the car and dropped Noor in her car seat, buckled her up, and kissed her.

He opened the door for his sister and she slid in the passenger side.

He turned around to go to his side and sat down with a Bismillah before starting the car. After minutes of talking, they got there and he said to her:
"I hope this day gives you the long-lasting happiness you deserved".

She replied with an "Amin" and got out of the car to carry Noor in the back seat.

"Thank you and see you later" she waved

"Bye jay AssalamuAlaikum " He replied

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Alhamdulillah, today was a wrap, She thanked Allah gratefully for all the hard work that paid off.
All she needs right now is just to pray and jump on her bed to sleep, she is exhausted.
As she came out of the bathroom to pray, She heard a knock on her door.

Come in" she said.

The door creaks open slowly to show the face of her mother. She was surprised at first to see her in her room but didn't show it. After all, she won't come to her room unless it is important.
"Ermm" She began,
"Jawaahir, your dad wants to see you when you are done praying ".
"Okay, Ma" she replied with her head cast.
Within five seconds, she heard the door creak open and then closed again.

She heaved a sigh and started wondering what happened.

Either way, she prays it comes to an end well.
She stands up to pray and after praying, She raises her hand and prays to Allah to ease her affairs.

As she walked down the staircase She saw all her family members seated tensely on each cushion.
She didn't have a choice but to sit in the middle of the sitting room where everyone surrounded her.

As she was slowly dropping to the floor, she was also praying to Allah to ease whatever they were going to say.

"As we all know" Her father began, "this general meeting happens in this house once in a blue moon" and the person behind the meeting is Jawaahir"
She raised her head slightly, my heartbeat racing uncontrollably.

"Someone came to ask for your hand, Jawaahir" He dropped the bombshell.

********************

Assalam Alaykum guys, Good morning and how are you doing, as you all know, this is the first book I'm writing, and with the guidance of Allah, the first chapter. I would appreciate you to share comment and vote.

Also I will like to thank @son_abishar for completing her book, congratulations B. Maryamaalhassan for making this chapter more beautiful than ever. Thanks, B.
May Allah bless you all.

Peace and Love,
Sumayyah.