Voltron is crazy

"Evasive manoeuvres!" Shiro called out in the comms.

"This fleet is slower than usual." Keith said as the Red Lion easily smashed a cruiser without any trouble.

"They probably weren't expecting a quick counterattack." you said.

The White Lion lasered through three cruisers and outran-I mean outflew four fighters.

"Something's sideways with this fleet." Pidge warned.

"Um, yeah this doesn't make me scared." Hunk said awkwardly.

You dodged three fighters again and sliced up an ion cannon.

"Can't we wormhole away?" Lance asked. Clearly, he had better things to do. Sarcasm, got it?

"No, we can't risk any Galra coming over." Allura said. The Castle flew right in front of your lion with the particle barrier activated and lasers firing at the fleet.

You were about to speed forwards when the red and blue lions shot through your route, their sides scratching your lion's wings.

"Quiznak! What the hell you two?" you snapped at Keith and Lance. They were arguing and didn't bother to drive the lions.

"Sorry, only if Lance could not fire his ice while I fire my fire in the same place!" Keith shouted.

"Or Keith could go somewhere else and stop stalking me!" Lance replied with a strained voice.

"Shut up!" Shiro ordered.

You turned away from the bickering idiots and laser-tailed the following small fighter craft. Your lion flipped upside down and flew forwards when an ion cannon aimed for the White lion fired. It missed and hit thin air.

"Ouch!" Pidge said. Her lion was cloaked and the ion cannon hit the Green Lion.

"Oops, sorry Pidge!" you made it up to the green paladin by intercepting another ion canon laser.

White landed on a cruiser and used the long claws to make deep scratches on the metal. It exploded just as you flew away.

You felt a light crawling feeling on your leg and screamed.

"FUCK! WHAT THE HELL." you jumped and saw something skitter under the door.

"Are you okay Y/n?" Keith demanded.

"Yeah." you said shakily. You couldn't comprehend what happened at the moment because your lion started to somersault into fighters and do a cartwheel.

"Let's just form Voltron and finish this." Lance said sharply.

You put your lion in formation and sped up.

"Form Voltron!" Shiro yelled out. You expected to be in automatic transformation, but the lions kept flying upwards in space with a fleet on their tails.

"Uh, try again?" Hunk said.

"Form Voltron!" Shiro repeated. Nothing.

"I'll go, you guys try." White did a backwards flip and destroyed the two fighters behind the others.

"FORM VOLTRON!" you heard Shiro say.

"It isn't working!" Pidge said. "There's nothing wrong with the lions, and we're doing the right thing."

"Princess, Voltron can't be formed." Keith reported loudly.

"Wot? Try again!" Allura replied quickly.

You watched the lions fly by, making your seat rumble. 

"Go faster!" Lance urged. You winced when the lions picked up their speed.