Chapter 1

-Ringgg-

"Mulder."

"Mulder, it's me."

"Scully? What's going on? It's so late.."
Special Agent Fox Mulder heard a rustling of papers on the other end.

"Mulder.. I just got the autopsy report back.. and you better see it for yourself."

"Alright, this isn't a slumber party so let me throw on some clothes."

-click-

*
"Scully?"

"In here Mulder!" she waved over to an office room.

"So what's with the autopsy that required a personal visit?" Mulder craned his neck to get a look at what Scully was working on.

"Well.. it's this." She held up a tube with a small metal object inside.

"You called me down here for a rock, Scully?" Mulder yawned.

"No, Mulder. I called you down here so you could get a personal close look at this 'rock'." Scully waved him to take a look through the microscope.

After a few moments of looking he could come up with no other solution.

"A computer chip? But.. it seems a bit smaller than what I've got in mine.. New market?"

"That's just the thing, Mulder.. I checked and as far as I'm concerned, today's technology isn't anywhere near this small and complicated!"

"Very spooky wouldn't you say, Scully?"

"Wait, Mulder.. Aren't you in the least bit surprised by this?"

"Not quite. There's been reports like this for a long time.. Back to where chips like these were not deemed possible in any way."

They sat in silence for a while, taking turns continuously looking at it. Mulder sighed and leaned back in his chair. This kind of stuff was kind of obvious wasn't it? I mean, look at it. Not humanly possible, so what else? If Scully wasn't gonna say it, Mulder was certaintly going to.

"You know, Scully-"

"No, Mulder. Don't say it. There has to be a logical explanation for all this." She gestured to the microscope and the autopsy report.

"Scully, it's quite obvious what is..."

Dana Scully let out a long sigh. Oh brother, she thought, here we go.

"Extra-Terrestials, Scully. This can only be the work of..
Aliens."
Mulder grinned at his partner.

"Mulder, if you can get me some proof of beyond Earth involvement I'd be happy to believe. But until then..."

"Yeah, yeah. No need to alienate me."

"Hah. Get some sleep, Mulder, and we'll go see some people tomorrow."

"All right, I'll give you a call when I'm on my way."

"Sounds good."
Scully walked out and she and Mulder drove opposite ways to their living places.