Chapter 4: Chaotic, Chaotix.

(Espio)

"See? I told you there isn't an exit. Your soul will be mine, along your friends'!" I heard, along with the rest of bizarre sounds that I couldn't escape of.

"STOP ALREADY YOU DEMON! YOU HAVE THE LAUGHTER OF A WISP ADDICT! YOU BETTER TELL ME WHERE MY FRIENDS ARE!!!" I screamed, as I ran away.

"WISP ADDICT!? My laugh is divine! And forget about your friends! You will all pay me with your deaths!" The demon continued. I felt it near me.

I ran through some obstacles, and even if I wanted, some strange impulse stopped me anytime I tried to camouflage.

I was completely lost. I was losing hope, and I really wanted to end everything by letting that demon get me.

However...

"Espio!" I heard. That voice...it wasn't scary, it was...familiar.

"Vector!? Where are you!?" I looked around the vibrant colors of the room, but I didn't see anyone.

"You can't see me, I'm not part of the illusion, but you can still hear me! Listen, you must get the exit, it's the only way of escaping the illusion!"

"Why would you listen!? Everything is lost, Espio! Give up now and let me take your soul!" Exeller yelled.

"What if you give your soul to this demon!? You would make him stronger! You would be dead, and here, you have people that love you, respect you and care about you!" Vector continued.

"But not for long! Everybody will end dead. No one will be safe! Neither you both, or that weird bee, or that flying squirrel, or that stupid armadillo, or the Queen, or the two-tailed fox, or that Knucklehead! No one will live! I'll stomp on you like you were insects!" Exeller said, trying to keep me down.

"Weird bee!?" I heard Charmy say.

"Charmy! You are here too!" I exclaimed happily.

"See? You aren't alone, Espio!" Knuckles' voice exclaimed. He was here, too? "Sally, Ray, Mighty, Tails and everybody want you alive and well! We are going to help you to escape from this nightmare!" Knuckles said.

"This Knucklehead doesn't know anything! When I get you, you will work for me for the rest of your life! So give up now, you headstrong chameleon!" Exeller said.

My head kept turning around, but instead of hearing the screams, the whispers...I heard all they had said.

My friends, the demon...they both were trying to pull me to their side.
Both of them had strong points...
I had to keep having hope..! But Exeller's ideas mashed my mood, and even if I don't like to admit it, if he caught me, it would be a game over...

! But Exeller's ideas mashed my mood, and even if I don't like to admit it, if he caught me, it would be a game over