Chapter 11: A soaking chaos.

(Tails)

Silence predominated as we saw who held the missing emerald.
Finally, we were in a less stressful and extreme situation for us to talk.
I only saw him back at the space.
I walked towards him. Knuckles raised his arm, like trying to stop me, but Espio grabbed him.

"Let them reunite. It has been a hard time for him."

I looked at Sonic. I touched his chest, looking for anything that framed him as another of those demons.
Sonic grabbed my hand.

"I'm the real one, bud."

I felt his arm on my back, wrapping me in a warm hug, which I wanted it to last forever.
I leaned my head on his chest, and tears of joy started running through my cheeks.
I put my face on his shoulder, and I let all those emotions that pressured my chest out.
The stress, the fear, the anger, the sadness... Everything escaped through my tears, my sobs...

"Don't worry Tails. Now I am here..." Sonic patted my back.
We stayed a long time without moving.
I only could cry.
I had repressed myself for a very long time. I needed something like this since this nightmare resumed.
When I finally calmed down, I breathed deeply twice and wiped off my tears.

Sonic went to the others, which welcomed him too. Hugs, high fives, formal bows or simple greetings were distributed around the group.
But joy could be breathed in the air.

"I know this is very emotional or whatever, but we have to do something fast." Robotnik replied.

"I agree. Is there anything the Master Emerald could do?" Sally asked, turning to Knuckles.

Knuckles looked at the Master Emerald. He jumped with the help of the Super Chaos Emeralds' altars, and reached the gem.

"I have the perfect plan: I'll teleport ourselves to Freedom City to prepare the city's defense, just like before!" He suggested.

"Ok...I think there is a little problem in that plan..." Charmy disagreed.

"What?" Knuckles replied.

"That demon is capable of feeling everything in Mobius. That includes Freedom City...and even Hidden Palace. So definitely, it knows that we are planning to defend the city."

"Not exactly! This place has a special energy that repels demons, after all, this is a sacred place. Not even the strongest, corrupted creatures can trespass it! As long as we are here, we are safe."

"Then, why don't we stay here?" Cream asked.

"Cream, it's not that easy. If we want to put an end to this, we have to move from the safe zone." Vector explained, patting her head.

"However, Charmy has a point. That demon can feel Freedom City at this point." I clarified.

"So...What should we do?"

"Maybe...If we teleport to a random place in Mobius, Exeller won't see it coming. That could give us an advantage." Sonic proposed.

"Oh..! That's diligent." Espio opined.

"That one is definitely perfect!" Amy clapped.

"And then, we could split in groups to defense different zones." Sonic said.

"I don't agree with that last part. The last time the nine of us divided in groups, Espio almost gets hung, Cream got tricked in a haunted temple and Vector and Sally had to run away from a monster." Robotnik explained.

"But it's not the same now. We are more people now and there are six people with experience in fighting with Exeller. We can win this!" Cream said.

"That's the spirit!" Charmy started buzzing around.