Chapter 55 Return

(Kai pov)

The ingredients that were needed for the anchoring were rather simple in themselves but, the issue wasn't that. The ingredients that were needed were rosemary, sage, thyme and salt. They had to all be bundled and bound together by a red string. The book was very clear about that part and the bundle's all lain within the anchor circle. While the process was being done the intent had to be focused upon during the bundles being made and there were about twelve of them that were suppose to be lain out within the small circles of what looked like a summoning circle in an anime Skye had made me watch when were were younger. No, that was the easy part of this whole thing it was actually making the damn anchor circle itself. There were so many loops and swirls and criss crosses it looked like a jumbled mess.

"River, when you astral project how do you do it?"

"Its a bit hard to explain but, easiest way is to usually fall asleep or meditate you get into such a relaxed state but, hyper aware of everything around you that you sort of slip out of your body to explore."

"An anchor in other words isn't needed?"

"Ohh no, an anchor is but the anchor is your body itself. If something happens you kind of just snap back into it unless something is blocking you from doing that."

"Ok, so it is needed. I feel like this would be easier if I could at least understand the meanings of these symbols and etches we are suppose to draw with what blood, chalk, salt? It doesn't say it only shows these detailed sketches of what its suppose to look like!"

The book was held in my hand with it open as I had been gesuring with the other when the book was snagged out of my hand by Skye. How she reached my hand I have not the slightest clue but, if I had to guess she used something in the bag that hung off the back of her chair as her hand had dropped something into it. The book lay in her lap as she looked it over.

"Hey, why the hell did you just grab it out of my hand?!"

"I know you and you wouldn't just hand it over to me politely you would grumble or do something akin and deny the book then poor Ashton would be forced to come help me by River who would get pissed off at you further then that would lead into you getting into a fight with Lillie about god knows what and we would waste more time. This is the most efficient."

She tapped a sentence in the book written in such fine print it looked like a smudge. Probably was one honestly

"You make the anchor with bloody sea salt."

The room went silent for a minute as River spoke

"Are you trying to cuss like me or do you actually mean blood and salt mixed together?"

"I mean blood and salt mixed together."

"Who the hell came up with this recipe as an anchor? They must have been high on crack." Lillie mumbled out arms crossed over her chest.

"I don't know but the ghost girl said it should work or at the very least was our only option."

I couldnt help but pinch the bridge of my nose to try and calm down to ask my following questions

"Ok, does it say what kind of blood it has to be?"

"Yes, actually it does. The more personal the blood the stronger the anchor. In other words yours and mine."

"How much do we need?"

"Enough to make the circle ledgible so a good bit. This anchor is one that was suppose to be done over the course of a month due to how complex it is."

"My question is this." River began to speak up "If they were just trying to do astral projection why do they need such a massive anchor? Our bodies are literally the anchor. Does it say anywhere in there why?"