Chapter 39 Search Continues

"Well, there wasn't much of a difference in the room a paper got crinkled somehow but, otherwise not much I can say about anything in the room."

Koda exited behind Kai.

"You said this house was sentient?"

"Yes, it's an old house and magic runs through it like blood in veins. It's a little hard to explain in short somebody powerful stayed here for awhile their room the one you just came out of is the heart of it. Descendants or people they trusted are the only ones able to get in and come out alive most of the plants are deadly but the door makes sure nobody can get in to cause themselves severe harm. It's weird like that." Skye stated wheeling her chair backwards looking where she was going as Blaze backed up and away from her to let her turn around while Koda and Kai followed behind her as she lead them around the house.

"Do you know why their mate can't come back?" Blaze inquired softly to Skye who glanced behind her nearing the steps as she changed gears on it to go down so they would do a lock roll down them nice and slow.

"Mmm....not entirely he should be able to return without help so something is keeping him there...."

"You know we can hear you Skye." Kai grumbled in irritation.

"I figured so join in if you like." Stairs going down always made her nervous as she had fallen down them one too many times when first designing her chair Blaze always stayed close for going down them as she refused to go down without anybody there she clenched then chair side as she continued to talk.

"So, we need to find a rift to maybe contact Blain and send one of you through that being if it's even possible..." she mumbled out.

"Nobody is documented to have his ability's ever not even the originals had his ability to travel like he can to alternate worlds, in their times yes backwards and to present but never forwards beyond what they knew of time. Lillie uses a similar method of travel as Blain by using small thread edits to travel but it's not the same. The only thing similar is this house if it stands in his time as it's stood now then it's like a network to hotline him theoretically. Issues finding a rift large enough to use. If he was in our dimension then this would be easier but he's not..."

"You mentioned originals, what are they?"

Skye glances back at Koda before violet eyes fell forwards again.

"Their our ancestors. Lille and Rivers parents. Well they have separate parents but their both originals."

"Maybe getting in touch with them would be helpful and they could help us in some way?" Koda inquired trying to be helpful.

"We can't."

Rivers voice broke out eyes were puffy and red cheeks in similar look as Ashton carried him up hands wrapped up in his shirt as a makeshift hand cuffs. River spat fire with his eyes towards Lillie.

"Why is that?"

River practically threatened Lille to talk as he continued to answer Koda.

"Lillies parents are dead and mine the hell I know what happened to them I assume they are as well."

"How could they be dead if they were supposedly so powerful by what your making out?"

"We are fox shifters, not immortal Koda. Nothing is immortal we just come as damn close as you could to it is all." With this statement he shot Lillie a look that was in a sense threatening her.

Ashton whispered something into Rivers ear causing him to wrinkle his nose and look away but relax into Ashton more.

"I thought you said River was only a hundred or so?" Blaze had whispered into Skyes ear as she nodded.