Chapter 8 Crude Nature

(Sorry for the overdue post Iv been doing a lot of stuff recently and writing was on my bottom totem pole to do I won't ditch any of my stories especially this series and plan to extend this to one final book to wrap it all up once I edit the first ones....maybe been sayin that for years now)

Blain after sitting under the shower head for a good half hour the water became like ice and he exited. He stood up and dried off. He didn't want to take the scarf off yet he was an idiot in going into the shower with it on in the first place as it now needed to hang and dry. He shook his head no as he walked on out and threw the clothes back on along with a hoodie. He pulled the hood far over his head his body still mostly wet as he looked out the window. He struggled to open the window, but he did as he sat out and on the over hanging roof. His feet dangled over the side as he kicked them back and forth. Some birds eventually came to land next to him as he looked at the skittish little things. He put his hand out as they looked at it with question till one jumped onto his hand. He looked at the tiny animal as he began to sign to it. "My name is Blain." The bird looked at him quizzically then chirped and sang as it started the others up to singing. "Your voice is beautiful little sparrow. I wish I could sing." He signed in longing and sorrow. Something spooked the birds as he changed his expression to a brighter one forced, but well masked as he saw a head of fire colored hair come out to sit next to him. It was Ashton, if he remembered his name correctly. He looked a him curious, but he just looked forward so Blain did as well till he heard his voice, but didn't know what he was saying as he looked at him trying to figure out what he was saying. Ashton gave a frustrated sigh he pointed to him then made an ok sign as he summed up he was asking if he was ok. Blain nodded. Even if he said no it wasn't like he could say what the problem was... He looked forwards once again watching the sun set till it was dark and apparently cold, but he didn't feel it. After all his old house was only ever a little warmer than this it was always with friged temperatures. He felt a hand tap him on his shoulder as he looked over at Ashton once again as he was making a head motion saying they should go inside. Blain nodded  his head in agreement as Ashton had him go in first then he soon followed him in. He felt a hand tapping his back as he turned around Ashton was giving him a quizzical look holding a piece of ice up showing it to him and then grabbed the stiff fabric of his hoodie that was priorly soaked,but was now stiff and wet. He motioned for him to follow so he did.

(Ashton POV)

Taking the tiny kid into his and Rivers room he began to shift through some of Rivers Jackets and coats. Looking at one that should fit he held it up. River walked in looking quizzically at him before he realized what was going on. "Ohhh a fashion show? How fun! Let's see, Ohh let's put him in this, this, and this!" River held up a long sleeved shirt with some leggings that had snowflakes all over them and the hoodie his mate was holding to go with it. "Ohh, but Blain honey, we gotta get that scarf off of you." He said making a sign for scarf and universal take off. Blain seemed to get excited when he saw River trying to sign to him I was very crude, but he was trying. He upon realizing what was being signed began to get a little panicked though. River tried to calm him down to no avail as it seemed Blain was just becoming more and more panicked by the minute. "Hey honey, calm down, calm down I'm not going to force it off of you." He soothed trying and hoping something would get through after a moment of time River finally did calm down enough to where he could be consoled. "I don't know why your so upset sweetie,but don't worry I'm not going to force it off of you." He said gently giving Blain a hug and softly cradled him to his body maternal instincts in full swing. "Awe sweetie I wish you could talk and tell me what's wrong." He mumbled out softly. "Ashton, can we PLEASE keep him? I don't want something to happen to him I mean look at him he's shaking like a leaf I don't care what Kai says if he has a problem with me keeping him he can shove it up his ass even if he doesn't want his mate I'm more than happy to take care of him." Ashton cleared his throat. "And what about me?" "You'll help me of course." River said nodding seeing Blain having calmed down he gently rubbed his back and let him go as he made the universal sign for you ok? Blain nodded yes to which River smiled moving Blain over to the door signing food. Blain nodded now dressed for the cold weather and River always in a warm sweater Ashton could put whatever he so pleased on without worrying about being frozen to a solid block like River would be. Or so he claimed. There still wasn't any definite proof he wasn't having his ass frozen off.