Chapter 2: Them

A/N: Work has been killing me and my inspiration. To prove this point: I started writing this NOVEMBER 21ST

It's been hell, but here's some stuff anyway.

Enjoy.

Erratum stared blankly at the intruder into their quiet meditation time, looking far from enthused.

"Why are you giving me that look? I think it's a great idea!" Ink beamed, clearly not as put off as Erratum was by the topic. "Besides, I'm so busy anymore with this whole Guardian of Creation thing. So many things need fixing and changes and I'm answering these calls." He listed off, borderline whining while the other attempted meditation by their alter. Ink huffed in clear displeasure at their lack of reaction.

"My concern is your refusal to tell me who it is." Erratum replied with a pointed look. "That alone makes me anxious regarding who you feel would be a proper Champion of Creation. It truly, truly frightens me." They could see the other was just as huffy hearing this, but they felt they were absolutely entitled to this thought. Ink flopped down at his own altar that sat beside Erratum's a few feet away.

Reaper had eventually come bothering Ink due to the appearance of it in Reapertale, wanting to avoid another problem like they'd had with Erratum's altar. Ink had claimed it was just not reasonable to keep it in the Doodlesphere as it would just get in the way. So, of course, Erratum allowed him to keep it here. The offerings had been sparing and hesitant for quite a while, especially in the beginning. After Ink's continued dedication to the multiverse and protection of the worlds, they had begun coming in more steadily. Ink had no idea what to do with any of the things they received and Erratum assured they felt the same oftentimes.

Erratum glanced up once more as a flash of gold revealed two of their champions, bringing a fond smile to their face. "Hello Cross, Criss." They greeted kindly, passing their gaze over the both of them. Once Chara had fully separated from Cross, it became easier to use a name other than 'Chara' considering the common nature of the name in this multiverse. Ink had made a joke about Criss-Cross and, after Ink learned never to call Cross 'Applesauce', the name Criss and Cross just stuck. "Have you two been working alone? Where's Blue?"

"Where's Blue, don't be stupid," Criss remarked irritably at the question. "Where do you think Blue is?" They complained openly while Cross shrugged a bit, clearly not minding. "I swear that parasite had to have laid eggs in his skull for him to be interested in him."

"A repulsive statement, thank you," Erratum drawled with displeasure. "I'm glad to see them getting along so well. Their close friendship is unexpected but I'm very happy for them." They smiled as they said this. Criss glanced at Cross, who just gave a helpless shrug in response.

"I really thought you had grown out of this oblivious mindset." Criss disapproved, much to Erratum's confusion. "You know what? Whatever, makes no difference to me. A lot of minor prayers have been taken care of, just so you know. You're welcome, by the way."

"And I appreciate it, I truly do." Erratum assured at their tone of voice. "You don't have to run yourself ragged doing these things. The multiverse will be just fine if it has to fend for itself for a little bit." They assured, giving Verse a look as it popped up in front of them with a quiet binary noise.