C'mon, let's grab some snacks and hang out in my room

Banner made by justgrace! She has awesome stories so for you who haven't read them, check them out! Just saying :P

_______________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 18

"Red, calm down. Nothing's going to happen to your friends." Jesse says in a calming tone without taking his eyes off the road.

"You read the note! He'll stop at nothing if he's going after my friends! I have no choice but to give in." I whisper while looking out the window.

"Where's the Red I know who'll fight until the end to get what she wants?" Jesse nudges me but I can't find the will power to smile.

"She's hiding for the moment." I respond.

"Red, I know you don't want to marry mutt, and I don't think you should. This is your life too you know, only you can control it."

"But the rogue pack? If we don't combine our powers, then we're screwed and it will be all my fault because I wanted to live happily ever after." I explain.

"Look, just give me some time, I'll figure something out." Jesse says.

"No, don't bother. The only thing that would get me out of this is if the rogue pack was fake, and it's against the code to combine two packs with a lie." I remind him.

"Red just let me—" I stop him before he can continue.

"What's done is done. The only two things that can save me are if the rogue pack is fake or if I'm mated which means bite and everything, and like that will happen in a weak." I mumble.

Jesse sighs but says nothing and the rest of the car ride is silent.

Jesse's P.O.V

I watch Red walk up to her bedroom and I hear the door slam shut. That's right, she's still condemned to her room.

I sit on the sofa and turn on the T.V, flipping through the channels without really paying attention to what was on, my mind was on a more important subject.

Something was odd about Matt's plan, something was off. Why does he want Red so bad? Why not just sign the stupid form and then let it drop when this so called war is over?

I pick up my phone and dial Stone's number.

"Hey Parker, what's up?"

"I've been thinking, about the whole pack combination thing..."

"Parker, I don't know why you're trying to do it, but don't. The only way Red's getting out of this is if the rogues are fake, and that's against the code." Stone says with a sigh.

"Yeah, I know that's what Red said." I mumble absentmindedly.

But what if...? That's what was running through my mind. What if the rogues were fake? What if Stone's dad declined? What if Red found her mate? What if...

"That and if Red finds her mate, but seeing as how Matt's been acting, I don't think that'll stop him." Stone admits with a sigh.

"Well, can't we just make sure the rogues aren't some sort of messed up plan? Can't we, I don't know, do some sort of search or something?"

"Kay, no offence of anything but why do you care about Red's love life so much? It's not like you were her real boyfriend." Stone points out.

"I know, but Red's like my best friend, believe it or not. You should have seen her in my car, she was really depressed. Couldn't stop worrying about her friends."