Chapter 2 Detention

Once there the teacher asked if she could talk outside for a minute. We walked out and she turned around and explained how she noticed I wasn't paying attention in class and for that I would get detention this period and as it turned out today detention was going to be held in the exact classroom as I was in a minute ago. Then it all clicked the boys didn't move because they had detention.

I slowly returned to the classroom and sat in my chair only to be bombarded by questions from behind. "how old are you?" "where are you from?" "why are you here". I turn around so that I face the boys who are smirking at me and say" I Am 15 from New York and I don't feel like talking to you guys about my life so be quiet." I turn around only to hear a smug comment "wow looks like somebody is very touchy." I turn back and look at the boys only to find the ringleader smirking at me. Luckily the bell goes so I gather my stuff and run out the door.

So now it is lunch and I am forced to sit by myself so I go grab my lunch and walk outside the cafeteria to find a piece of sun to sit in. when I get outside I sit on a bench and start to eat my sandwich. Five minuets later and someone sits down beside me on either side, it's a tallish boy with blond curly hair and a Goth girl with a pixie haircut and a ripped miniskirt just like me.

"Hey, what's your name?, mines Katie" " No her name is Katherine but she much more prefers Katie so anyway my name is Andrew, are you new here?" "Of course she is or else she wouldn't be sitting here, everybody who isn't new knows not to sit on Liam's bench" Katie states. " Um, what who is Liam?" "Cough Cough"

Both heads swivel to behind me and there is the ringleader of the gang of boys towering over us. "What are you guys doing sitting on my bench huh?" the hate is filling his eyes as he stares us down. I then after staring at him for a minute gather the courage a say "it's a free country isn't it?" then turn around and look at the two people behind me who are now shaking in their boots " come on guys lets go" then I walk off dragging them behind me.