Chapter 21

It was the day of Jungkook's test in the psychology ward. He was determined to pass it at any cost. It was like a stepping stone between him and his goal but now he was finally to going to lead ahead.

He walked towards the cabin of the Chief Psychiatrist Chung who sat there with an unreadable expression. Jungkook gulped and composed himself, he couldn't afford to panic now.

"May I come in Psych-Chung."

"Ah yes come in come in..." He invited while giving him a tired smile.

"I'm Jeon Jungkook."

"Yes I know, your history and qualifications are great. I am surprised that you're still at this stage, you deserve the first position." He complimented giving him a reassuring smile.

"Thank you so much Sir, that's alot for me."

"Your first test and probably the last test now Jeon Jungkook. I expect you to pass ofcourse... Hope you will be?" Psych-Chung asked while getting up.

"Yes sir, I'll do my best."

Both walked through multiple wards. Distinct screams and yellings were heard making Jungkook shiver. It was all into his head, that's what he thought.

"Don't let yourself fear such screams...you will have to bear them all later." Psych said while glancing at him.

"Yes sir..."

"This is the ward for the next severely damaged patients. They all are particularly insane. So don't be scared if they shout or do something. Maintain safe distance. You will be given a chance to go and handle your mentioned patient. Till then just observe. You got that?"

"Yes sir..."

They both halted near the ward or you can say cell of a patient. It was a lady, her body posture looked tired. Jungkook grimaced at that. She looked horrible. Psych took the cell name plate and started explaining the information about her.

"This is Julie. She is 36 years old. She killed her husband when she found out that he cheated on her and then her kids after realising that she would be alone to raise them. After killing them she literally cut their bodies into pieces, storing them in her store room which soon became a store room for dead body parts. It was so sick of her to do this that she burnt her whole house and started playing blame games with the neighbours..." Chung paused when he saw Julie raising her head and staring dead into Jungkook's eyes who gulped again.

"She must be in p-police station or jail...why here?" He questioned.

"She literally bathed in the pool of blood of her own husband and kids. Do you think it's right to keep her with humans anymore?" Chung asked while raising his eyebrows.

"Right...so what am I supposed to do?" Jungkook asked while taking a deep breathe.

"Tame her... Your last test." Chung said.

"Without getting hurt, you will be having a shock button with you. Click it when you think she will be near you."

"I'll try my best, I won't quit."

With that the cell doors opened and Jungkook stepped inside. The room was stinking but it didn't bother him. The only thing he knew was that this woman needed some help and he was ready to do so.

He carefully stepped towards her, maintaining safe distance. Sweat trickling down from his temple. It was horrifying the way she smiled in the creepiest way towards him. Low chuckling voices of her continued.

"Julie, hello there." He almost whispered enough for her to catch up.

She just stared at him while the smile on her face broadened. She raised her towards him, long nails aiming towards his cheek.

"Jungkook distance!" Chung shouted.

Jungkook flinched back while Julie raised from her position and started stepping towards him. Jungkook stepped back, trying to avoid pressing the shock button.

"Julie, calm down. I just want to talk!" Jungkook tried to convince her but it was all in vain. Julie snarled and leaped towards him. Unintentionally Jungkook pressed the button causing Julie to flinch back and scream in agony and anger.

"Told you to stop, never listen do you?" Jungkook growled in low tone causing Julie to tremble. Chung stared at the scene in confusion. He has never seen Julie scared. Never ever.

"Go and sit there, it's my last warning. I don't want you to throw yourself at me and experience same pain."

Julie started breathing hard and slowly walked towards her bed. Without any further discussion he stood infront on her, the notepad in his hand was settled on the table  near him.

His gaze travelling towards the lady who's breathing were raising every passing second. Raising his right hand in air to express innocence he took small steps towards her. Julie stared at him in daze as her own life was flashing infront of her. No one showed innocence to her, no one was innocent. But Jungkook was making her rethink now.

Meanwhile Taehyung's father came to know about Jungkook's arrival at the book signing event of his son. Now he is aware that he is the brother of his own secretary whom he trusts alot. But this was getting abit too much for him. He just couldn't handle them being together when they've no bounds to their unnamed relationship. They weren't official, so it was all a mere timepass. He didn't want his son to be timepass or just a fling for someone like Jungkook.

"Jimin-shi, can you please give me your brother's number?" He asked in stern voice making Jimin frown.
"Yes but may I know why?"

"I've something important to talk..."

"Actually he must be busy, he has his important exam Sir..."
"I didn't ask for your excuses and if he is busy, I'm more!" He raised his voice abit. He couldn't help it. That's his persona infront of others except his family. Earning his trust is very hard but what harder is that being in his good books.

"Yes sir..."

Jungkook was almost near her, his aim was to grab her hands and warm her up towards him. He was trying his consolation techniques on her which needed most attention and concentration.

Just when he was about to grab her a loud noise echoed. He saw how Julie jerked awake from her trance and glared at him dangerously. His damn phone. Chung stared at the reckless scene with sympathetic. That's the end.

Julie then pounced on him and working on his reflexes he jumped back, getting out of the cell. He breathed loudly and then growled in anger. He took his phone and saw missed calls from an unknown number making his blood boil. He slammed his phone on ground and stomped on it. Chung watched Jungkook with hopeless eyes.

It was the end. And maybe start of something else.