ii . back once more

╭━ ⋅☽ ⋅ ━━ ⌁☍ ━━ ⋅ ☾⋅ ━╮

𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫
𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘵𝘸𝘰
𝒃𝒂𝒄𝒌 𝒐𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒆

╰━ ⋅☽ ⋅ ━━ ⌁☍ ━━ ⋅ ☾⋅ ━╯

In true Weasley household fashion, the morning of September 1st was chaotic. Luckily enough, they had been staying at the Leaky Cauldron, so there was a lot less fighting over who was packing what since they had already done all that the day before, and by some miracle, they had arrived at platform 9 and 3/4 with ten minutes to spare.

Isadora quickly bid her goodbyes to Harry Potter and her cousins in front of the Gryffindor carriages, eager to lessen the amount of space her family already took up on the platform, and made her way down towards her own house carriage.

This year it seemed, the Darlings had congregated around the Slytherin carriages (minus Peter, who had graduated the previous year), and Isadora arrived just in time to see Edmund avoiding a kiss from his poor mother, only to step back into Lucy's open arms.

Edmund hated hugs, and most physical affections and closeness, so he looked extremely awkward with his sister's arms around his waist. Susan and her parents exchanged polite goodbyes before she too left, and she offered Isadora a warm smile as she passed.

Edmund had finally shoved Lucy off him when Isadora appeared, smiling at her best friend.

"Morning Ed." She barely got out before his stern gaze softened with relief and he started pulling her into the carriage.

"I'll try to write before Christmas!" He yelled to his parents over his shoulder, shutting the door as he stepped on. He sighed in relief and leant up against the now-shut carriage door.

"You're such an immature baby," Isadora said, rolling her eyes and crossing her arms. Edmund rolled his eyes too, and they braced themselves as the train started moving. He leaned an arm on her shoulder and the pair started to walk down the halls.

"Well I'm your immature baby, and you're stuck with me." He replied. They both cringed and slowly turned to each other.

"I- that came out wrong..." The two of them burst out laughing before being interrupted by none other than Draco Malfoy and Blaise Zabini.

"What are you two laughing about? Your lame excuse for Slytherin qualities?" Edmund was ready to throw hands, but Isadora put her arm out to stop him.

"If anything Malfoy, we're more Slytherin than you are. We aren't the ones attacking our own house...and we have quite a few more ambitions in life than terrorising people with weak points." Malfoy tutted, lost for a comeback.

"Tell me Malfoy," Isadora continued. "What do you actually want to do in life? Because sadly, being a certified prick isn't a real job."

"Or maybe it is," Edmund piped in, "I mean, look at your father."

Malfoy lunged for Edmund who lunged for him too, before Gemma Farley, one of their Prefects, called out to them from the end of the hall.

"Pack it up, trust fund." Gemma said, "You too, reject." Both Malfoy and Edmund went to argue with her before Blaise and Isadora pulled their respective friends away in opposite directions. Isadora gave Gemma a weak smile before pulling Edmund into an empty compartment and pushing him down onto a seat.

She flopped onto the one opposite and sighed. It was silent between them for a while before they looked up and met each other's eyes, making themselves snicker.