vi . the cup

╭━ ⋅☽ ⋅ ━━ ⌁☍ ━━ ⋅ ☾⋅ ━╮

𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫
𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘰𝘯𝘦
𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒖𝒑

╰━ ⋅☽ ⋅ ━━ ⌁☍ ━━ ⋅ ☾⋅ ━╯

It was always the same dream.

For as long as her memory went back, Isadora had been having the same dream every now and then, reminding her of a life she never got to live.

It was of her parents. Her father looked exactly as he did in the photos she'd seen, her mother -a blurry, indistinguishable figure by the time Isadora had awoken. Though in the moment, she was always able to make out features she herself had inherited. Whether that was because she had looked as such, or simply her memory had curated it from people's descriptions, she didn't know. No one had any photos of her mother. She didn't think so anyway, though she occasionally had the sneaking suspicion that the Weasleys were purposefully keeping her from knowing.

Before this year she didn't even know why they would bother, but after learning of her mother's origins, she now understood why. Isadora hadn't told Molly and Arthur that Sirius Black had spilt all, she only told them he mentioned her mother's name was Ladonna. It was coming up on her seventeenth birthday when she would be of age in the wizarding world, so she thought she would wait until then -hopefully they would take it better.

Isadora awoke, her eye mask discarded somewhere in her bed and her face and pillow damp with tears and spit. She hoped she had not been spluttering in her sleep. Sniffing softly, she sat up, letting her eyes adjust to the room. Though relatively dark, the first light of day was creeping in from under the drawn curtains. She pulled the covers over her eyes in hopes to block out the morning sun but knew she was never going to get back to sleep now, instead, she reluctantly pulled down the covers.

"Moning sleepy head," A voice said next to her.

Isadora squinted her eyes, looking at Lucy Darling sitting on the floor beside Isadora's makeshift bed, putting her shoes on.

"Morning," She grumbled, offering the nicest smile she could muster for having just woken up.

"You might want to hurry up and get dressed," Lucy told her, tying the final knot, "Peter and Edmund are ravenous in the morning. There might not be any food left if you don't."

At the mention of that, Isadora pulled herself out of bed, chucking her bonnet into her open duffle bag and stretching. Lazily pulling her clothes from the same bag and putting them on.

"Oh by the way," Lucy added, "Your results arrived."

Isadora raced to finish dressing and ran out of the room. She was currently staying with the Darling family, who had kindly invited her to come to the Ireland v Bulgaria Quidditch World Cup with them. Their house was much grander than the Burrow. It was a Georgian-style manor with beautiful wallpaper and railing that supported the stairs she was currently rushing down. She halted a few meters be for the kitchen, in an attempt to appear collected.

"Good morning sweetheart!" Edmund's mother called as she entered the dining room. His father was sitting at the end of the table, the large financial review he was reading obstructing his face. He lowered it as Isadora took a seat next to Edmund. Ignoring his mother's protests throughout the last year, Edmund had kept his hair lengthened and Isadora loved the way it stuck up in all places in the morning.

"Morning. Excited for the cup?" Mr Darling asked. Isadora smiled at him.

"Yes, very, Mr Darling," As she replied, Susan placed a letter in front of her.