xiii . i've missed you... so much

╭━ ⋅☽ ⋅ ━━ ⌁☍ ━━ ⋅ ☾⋅ ━╮

𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫
𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘰𝘯𝘦
𝒊'𝒗𝒆 𝒎𝒊𝒔𝒔𝒆𝒅 𝒚𝒐𝒖... 𝒔𝒐 𝒎𝒖𝒄𝒉

╰━ ⋅☽ ⋅ ━━ ⌁☍ ━━ ⋅ ☾⋅ ━╯

It hadn't even been a week since school had finished.

Isadora had been in a very cheery mood that morning; the first time since Percy left the family not two days ago. Edmund was coming all the way from Bucks ​​to Devon to visit her and her family for a few days. But she never got to see him.

Instead, the Weasley received an owl stating they were being transported to a different location for the remainder of the summer, and that they were to pack all they would need and prepare to floo to the Leaky Cauldron in an hour where someone would meet them.

Isadora had quickly dressed and thrown on her necklace before shoving everything into her trunk; her school uniform, novels, a stack of letters from Edmund tied together, clothes, jewellery... She knew she would forget something, she always did. Quickly, she stole Errol and attached a note for Edmund; she knew he wouldn't receive it any time soon, but she had a hunch, and if she was right, he already knew he wasn't going to be visiting her any time soon.

The Weasleys all waited by the floo for Arthur to quickly go over everything they should've brought. With only a few quick runs up and back downstairs, they were ready to go. One by one, they stepped into the fireplace.

Isadora emerged second last on the other side of the floo network. Molly was conversing with a man Isadora recognised to be Kingsley Shacklebolt. Arthur came through not long after her.

"You're all accounted for? Good. We have people to take you to the place waiting outside."

It was all happening too fast for Isadora to process. She had only just gotten out of the shower when Ginny burst into the bathroom and told her the news. They had rushed to pack, rushed to floo, rushed into waiting cars, and rushed to... well Isadora didn't actually know where they were. She knew they were probably Islington -she noticed they had gone east up past King's Cross, but that's where he knowledge ended. She didn't think she'd even ever been to Islington. So why would they be going there now?

The cars pulled up in front of a row of townhouses adjacent to a park, and everyone -again- rushed to get out and get their luggage -their cars leaving just as quickly. A piece of paper was handed down the row of children until it got to Isadora.

The headquarters of the Order of the Phoenix may be found at number twelve, Grimmauld Place, London. It read.

"What are we-"

"Shhh," Arthur told her, grabbing the note from her and burning it, "Just think about what you've read." Isadora huffed in annoyance. She felt extremely travel sick and it was just now really setting in how mad she was for missing her time with Edmund. All she wanted was to go home, but she knew she couldn't so she wished for the next best thing; for number twelve Grimmauld Place to hurry up and show itself.

All of a sudden, a battered door emerged out of nowhere between houses eleven and thirteen, followed swiftly by dirty walls and grimy windows. It was as though an extra house had inflated, pushing those on either side out of its way. Isadora  gaped at the strange magic. A stereo in number eleven thudded on. People laughed from a window in number thirteen. It seemed the Muggles on either side hadn't even felt anything.

"Right," Arthur said, "Come along children. We cannot waste a moment."

Everyone rushed across the road and into the door, hauling their luggage clumsily. A waft of 'old' hit Isadora as she walked through into the tight hallway. It reminded her of when her year group in primary school got to do a tour of an old mine.