2•<3 The Bite

I wake up to an unbelievable pain in the side of my neck. I am even more alarmed when I see the blood. It has soaked my pillow and half of my shirt. Some of my hair is sticky with blood and gets stuck to my face when I sit up. I crawl out of bed and stumble to the bathroom.

I pull the sticky strands of hair off of my face. I push the rest away from the left side of my neck. I try to inspect the area but I cannot see well due to the blood. I take the hand towel off the wall mount and wet it. I wipe off as much blood as possible before soaking and staining the towel.

I can see my wound now and my nerves do the opposite of settling. My heart beats fast. My imagination goes wild as I stare at two holes in the side of my neck. Vampires aren't real. They're not. This is a joke. Such a bad joke that the jokester themself won't take credit for it. Blood begins to drip before it begins to pour out of my neck. I press the towel to my neck to make it stop.

I put my thoughts on hold and begin looking for band-aids. It takes me a while but I find some. I take more towels out of the hallway closet and walk to the bathroom. I wet some of the towels and clean myself properly. I dry with the dry towels and place the band-aids over the wound.

Now that the panic is over I am hyper-aware of my wound's side effects. I am dizzy, my head is pounding, and my legs feel like jelly. Of course, this shit show has made me late for work. I wish I could call work and fake a medical emergency. One that doesn't seem fake or like a psycho having a breakdown. But, I can't. You have to work to be paid.

I do my morning routine as fast as possible. I try my best to ignore the side effects of my injury and my injury altogether as I leave the house. I check the time and realize I might be able to catch a bus. I try to speed walk to the bus stop but I am almost completely unsuccessful. Unfortunately, my weak-legged speedy shuffle wasn't enough. I stand on the corner and watch the bus drive away from its stop.

I feel tears in my eyes as the unbelievable pain returns. I struggle to stay on my two feet. I am so dizzy and I think I might pass out. I begin to stumble backward and I feel two arms hook themselves underneath my armpits. I am glad I was caught by some and hopefully by someone willing to get me proper help. "you alright there lass?" I hear that same annoying yet hot Irish voice.

"fuck off" I mutter never feeling worse than this in my life. I feel him peel back one of the band-aids and look at my wound. "god damn it Rhea" he says. I am too out of it to question his words. In the span of a second, I am no longer concerned about his words. I am concerned about the fact that we are somehow now standing in my room.

He takes the blood soaked pillow off of my bed and pulls the blanket up to cover the blood that had seeped through my pillow. He lays me on on the bed. "I'll call your work and tell them a lie about you having some head injury," he says taking my phone out of my pocket and rushing out of the room. I want to thank him but I still cannot talk. I continue to internally freak out as I cannot do so externally.

I lay still and try to keep myself from passing out before he returns. I am successful and I watch him walk over to the side of the bed. "if anyone asks you slipped and hit your head on the wall and woke up in the hospital" he says kneeling next to me. He places my phone on the side of the bed.

"you're gonna be alright," he says as he leans over to hug me. I want to reject it but I can't. We sit in silence for quite a while and I begin to find comfort in his actions. He moves away from the hug and looks me in the eyes.

"I know about edge-"
--------------------------------------------
Words-859
Sorry if it's short love ya-gremil💗💋💞