Chapter Six

Wes's Pov:

I looked out the airplane to see the plane slowly descending down onto the runway.

The air hostesses shortly made an announcement and then they deplaned the flight and we headed towards the baggage claim.

Meera had left for Florida on the nineteenth and my family was to follow on the twenty-first.

About an hour after we landed, I finally got to see Meera. She was lounging out by the pool with a few others.

After meeting with them, my family headed up to our rooms to drop off our bags and get freshened up.

Since Rowan had to cancel this trip due to a tennis tournament, I had a whole room all to myself. My room consisted of a huge bed, a desk area, full bathroom and closet along with a spacious balcony with a day bed and a table for outdoor eating.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Tonight there's nothing going on, so we're gonna go out to eat and then go walk in that really pretty town square like area and get pictures or whatever." Meera explained.

"Sounds fun," I say, scrolling through my phone.

I feel like Florida perked up Meera, her mood was significantly uplifted and she was super engaged in everything that was going on.

I lay next to her on the lounge chair, brushing her hair off her face.

"I think my parents tried video calling you once," she says out of nowhere, facing forward, her face void of any emotion.

"Really?" I ask, shock filling my features.

"Yeah, it's a bit choppy and hazy but I remember laying on the recliner chair in the living room, a day after I got back from the hospital. I think we called you off the tv or something and it went straight to voicemail."

"I had no idea, maybe I thought it was a random number," I said slowly, trying to search my memory for this moment.

"Don't worry about it now, I just felt the need to get that out, you know?" She turned towards me, her eyes meeting mine.

"I get that," I said, slightly leaning down to be closer to her, my lips ghosting hers.

"Hi," she whispered.

"Hey,"

Her lips curved into a small smile as she brushed the hair off my forehead, pushing it back.

"I love you." I added, kissing her nose. We still hadn't kissed since the middle of June. I wanted her to kiss me first rather than push her.

Hearing no audible response from her had me worried a little. "I just had to get that out," I added, mimicking her words from earlier.

"I love you too." She replied slowly. "I'm just scared."

"Scared of what?" I ask, sitting up straighter.

She bites down on her bottom lip, slightly chewing it. I bring my thumb up to her lip and release it from her teeth. "I don't want you to regret not breaking up with me or be with me out of pity. I'm scared that you won't want to be with me anymore."

I pull her chin towards mine, holding her face. "Meera, I assure you that I want to be with you."

She closes her eyes and breathes deeply, lying back down, pulling me on top of her.

I slide my hands underneath her and rested my head on her shoulder.

"Rowan here?" Meera asked after a minute. "Sara was asking,"

"Nah he had tennis,"

"Bummer, Sara said he was good company since she hates third wheeling with us."

"I'm sure she can manage,"

"True, the wedding is supposed to be huge." She says.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

After dinner, Meera and Sara take me to the boardwalk where we walk around for a few hours and get ice cream.

Sara goes off on her own after ice cream, leaving us together.

We get a phone call from our parents saying they moved to the wedding venue hotel because a few slots opened up early. So it was just us three at this hotel.

Sara met up with us after an hour and we walked back to the hotel.

I'm messing with Meera's hair when Sara stops walking. "Rowan?"

Huh?

I look over where she's looking and see Rowan in an all black outfit standing with his suitcase and backpack.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, walking over to meet him.

"Tourney got canceled so here I am."

"Sweet," I said, getting his bag. "What's your room number?"

"Yeah so about that, they're fully booked." Rowan said slowly.

"Shit," I muttered. "I'd tell you to room with me but Meera's moving in."

"Wes," Meera calls from behind me, shaking her head. "No, let him room with you."

"But Meera," I whined.

"No, I'll stay with Sara." Meera says.

I look over to Sara who's standing silently, pleading with puppy eyes.

"Oh for fucks sake," Sara mutters, moving towards me. "I'll room with Rowan." She sighed, taking his bag from me.

"You owe me big time Wes." She added, hitting the back of my head.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

"Don't push it," Sara glared.

I slung an arm around Meera and began to walk towards the elevator. "Thanks anyways, I owe you one." I add.

Meera whacks my chest. "What if she's uncomfortable rooming with him?"

"They seem to get along well." I retort.

"Wes." Meera said warningly. "I could've roomed with you at the wedding hotel."

"Coulda woulda shoulda,"

"Really?" She glared, pouting.

"Well at least now I get all my nights here with you." I point out. "Plus you haven't seen the balcony yet."

"Oh?"

Chapter Six

Rowan and Sara?!?!?!?

Anyways next chapter in Meera's pov :)