13

My heart skipped a beat once I saw Luke behind me, his hair flat and all his body wet. He approached me and sat beside me. The blue-eyed took off his leather jacket and put it above our heads in order to hide from the falling rain, although we already seemed like fishes.

I couldn't afford looking at him anymore.

I was afraid of how my life turned to and I was scared of losing him. I didn't know that I was this much attached to him, but apparently we were closer than just friends.

Even though he made me happy and gave me so many emotions through a single kiss than what I had felt my whole life, I didn't want to like him that way and I knew he was just attracted to me.

The whole situation with Luke was messed up. Our relationship was confusing me and I was confusing myself. Maybe the pills weren't working this day; I felt bipolar.

He was supposed to try to make me forget my anxiety, not be the cause of it.

"Your dad came home and freaked out when he didn't find you, I told him you went to have a walk. I wanted to give you privacy," he informed me, with such a sad tone. "He said that I had to find you and he started searching for you downtown. I knew you wouldn't be there. I'm aware of a lot of things about you to know you don't like crowded places."

"You don't know half the shit about me." I laughed with no emotion.

"Really?" he challenged. "I know that your favorite TV show is Skins and I know you like black. You love wearing large things and you also hate songs of the moment. You hate romantic movies and prefer action ones, since we watched it once we were at yours. I know you have insomnia, just like me, and I know you don't like to talk about it or any of your diseases even though it'd make you feel better. I know you don't trust people easily and the only one who knows everything about you is your brother, Jordan."

He took a small pause and my jaw literally dropped.

"I know you like smoking but you're trying to stop it. You're spontaneous and that's another quality about you. You also like drawing and you always hide your notebook under your bed-"

"How do you know?" I frowned.

"I saw it," he responded. "What else? You like maths and hate every other subject in school. You told me once that you used to like chemistry because of your old teacher, but Mr. Smith isn't like him so you dislike it, now. Let's see, you hate make-up and you rarely ever wear any, you love your father to death and you're attached to him more than your mother. You hate mornings and adore evenings, you like sleeping flat on your stomach and you hate cooking but you're good in it anyway. I know enough to say I like you, Tegan."

And with that, I was left speechless. Not only he did observe every small detail about me, but he did like me. Me. Out of billion people. The messed up American that came to Australia for a fresh new start that fucks up in everything. The girl who treated him like shit the first day they met. Me, Tegan Ivy Carton.

I opened my mouth to speak but closed it immediately, not finding the right words that could describe my feelings.

"You don't understand; you're tubular," he said sitting closer.

"Tubular? You got to be joking."

Luke had to be fucking kidding me. As far as I knew, tubular, was what I and Jordan called mom and dad to make fun of them, not a girl we declared our love to her a minute ago.

The situation took a 360 turn.

"Tubular is rarely used as its real meaning, Tegan. Your name is from the 80's and so is the adjective 'tubular'. It means more than just amazing. Look at you, Tegan. You're amazing. You're beautiful, you're very smart. You are more than just amazing and really cool, you're tubular."